To buy or not to buy the Thermalright Extreme

Tell me what you think. I am considering a Thermalright Extreme 120 HS and a Silenx 72 or 94cfm 120mm fan. DO tell. Total price will be 70-80$

I would say about 75-80% of it's wight is in the base, so it's not really top heavy. The aluminum fins make a world of a difference. I have a ThermalTake Tower112 and that beast scares me, but this one was a piece of cake to mount.

I would say about 75-80% of it's wight is in the base, so it's not really top heavy. The aluminum fins make a world of a difference. I have a ThermalTake Tower112 and that beast scares me, but this one was a piece of cake to mount.

I would agree with ReelFiles most of the weight is at the base as I was very worried about it snapping my mobo and crushing my cpu.

I was a bit disapointed with the quality of the base has a had to manually lap it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Extreme and there's something to be a little concerned about once you get the mounting place and screw it against the backplate even with the screws tightly pressed you notice that the cooler "moves" or "spins" around its center to be precise...I thought it was a malfunction but it seems that "it's like that" according to a lot of people and anantech included...so although the cooler looks like it's not gonna fall, I feel a bit uneasy...I don't know if the guys that have the tuniq tower have the same problem...