Which X2 3800?

Hi all,

Planning to get an X2 3800 however I'm not sure which core (Toledo or Manchester). I don't know if there is a difference and if there is can anyone tell me. Also which should I get, both are at the same price?

Thanks,

dhimiter

The Athlon64 X2 product lineup is derived from two individual chip architectures, AMD's Manchester and Toledo cores. The Manchester ties together two Athlon64 cores with 512k of cache per core, whereas the Toledo ties together two Athlon64 cores with 1,024k (1 MB) cache per core.

Go for the Toledo :-)

I have seen quite a few of the more recent Manchesters (060x) do quite well. My Toledo gets to 2.7GHz at 1.38v, and it's a little bit toasty. Has great potential to do more.

I'm guessing you're getting yours from Newegg. I'd go with the Toledo, like UnknownSource.

Toledo! Running mine at [email protected], got it from newegg's NJ warehouse. Stepping is Lcbke 0643spmw.

Hey Tony, I've got the identical chip & hit a brick wall @ 2.4. My rig is in my sig & I replaced the 3700 Sandy with this toledo. Can you post the timings on your ram?

Guest Tony

Right now I'm at 3.0ghz 1.49v. I'm getting 49C max on core0 and 37C max on core1, room temp is about 72F. My WC setup consists of Apogee GT/MCP655 pump(speed setting 3)/MCR220 cpu loop only (Swiftech H20 Ultra kit).

My Gskill HZ timings are:

5/6 divider (300HTT= 250mhz)

CPC: Enable

CAS: 3

TCRD: 4

TRAS: 8

TRP: 4

TRC 7

TRFC: 18

TRRD: 2

TWR: auto

TWTR: 2

TRWT: 2

TREF: 3684

DRAM BANK INTERLEAVE: ENABLE

The rest of the timing are on AUTO.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=193913

I have another 3800 X2 toledo with the same exact stepping which is going into my friend's rig with an MSI board. I'll see how far I can go with an arctic 64 cooler, he's upgrading from a SD [email protected] that I OCed a year ago. I think his cooler will hold him back.

Right now I'm at 3.0ghz 1.49v. I'm getting 49C max on core0 and 37C max on core1, room temp is about 72F. My WC setup consists of Apogee GT/MCP655 pump(speed setting 3)/MCR220 cpu loop only (Swiftech H20 Ultra kit).

TRC 7

I have another 3800 X2 toledo with the same exact stepping which is going into my friend's rig with an MSI board. I'll see how far I can go with an arctic 64 cooler, he's upgrading from a SD [email protected] that I OCed a year ago. I think his cooler will hold him back.

I wouldn't expect much; with my chip, I hit 56C/58C with 1.38v. Anything above 1.38v would send the temps above 60.

TRC 7

Thanks Tony.

I changed the divider on the ram & lossened the timings to

2.5-4-8-4. got it to 305 but windows crashed. Backed it off to 295x10

1.4 +110% on vcore. Running 32 idle 52 maxed. I may play some more but for

now I'm happy. Again thanks for the memory timings.