Opteron148 vs Athlon64 4000+ OPINIONS

mrbadnback

Which of these 2 CPU's would you consider to be better? I have a pick of the 2 and I want to get the best of them so I will turn to the people that know whick would be better. So it is up to you which one I will get. Either the Opteron148 or the Athlon64 4000+.

How do I get the stepping or whatever I have to do? Here is the links for both CPU's.

Opteron148

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16819103596

I have the Opteron148 in my backup system with a DFI LP UT nf4 SLI-DR expert running at 2.94Ghz right now.

Athlon64 4000+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103037

Here are the numbers from the back of the 4000+ CPU

ADA4000DKASCF

LCBBE 0643SPMW

Z089245K61252

I just want to know which is better for my system? I know that the 148 OC's to 2.94 but would the 4000+ be better? I am building a system for a friend and I want to keep the best CPU for myself and give him the lesser of the 2. The MB he is putting the CPU I don't want into isn't equipped to OC. The BIOS has no OCing in it so thats why I want to know which of the 2 to keep.

How do I get the stepping or whatever I have to do?

Here are the numbers from the back of the 4000+ CPU

ADA4000DKASCF

LCBBE 0643SPMW

Z089245K61252

LCBBE 0643SPMW = Stepping of your 4000+

Pull the HS/F on the Expert if you're up to it I guess. They're located no other place than on the IHS.

Guest r3d c0m3t
why don't you clock em both and decide for yourself? There isn't one person here that can answer that for you. All of us are guessing.

Indeed. The best you can do is clock them both to find their max and see which one of the two clocks better with the least amount of voltage. Although Opty's (especially the 148) are known to be ludicrous overclockers, that doesn't mean that your 4000 is any less up to the task...all you have to do is spend a few days in the BIOS and you'll answer your own question.

I want to swap out the 148 and install the 4000+ just to see which one OC's the best. Can I just swap them out and then go into the BIOS and click load optimized defaults save and exit and have it work that way or do I have to take the CMOS battery out of the system for a while first? I just don't want to mess anything up right now, especially my expert MB. :)