Advices on NEW PC Case(s) . Antec 900 others

I've been looking for a mid-tower aluminum/steel or aluminum/secc case. Some folks were telling me it really doesnt matter the difference on alu, steel or secc sometimes. So I instead went on and searched for cases and found most of them taller than 19" or just didnt fit my requirements interest.

I've been looking at the Jr Armor, Centurion and Antec 900 for the past few days. And today just bought the Antec 900 directly from antec.com for only $121 shipped. The Case has amazing air flow, spacious, psu on the bottom (seems to be the new thing), and HDD Cages that I can move up or down and swap out through the front. It just seemed to be the most well rounded and only 18.4" tall so it fits under my desk which limits 19" Tall.

I was wondering what do you guys think about it and im sure some of you here have it too.

My room in the summer gets pretty much like 100F i dont have a room temp wall jack to know but I feel it. Only in the night I can turn on the a/c.. So I needed to get the best coolest case to keep my components cool at all times. Before this I had a P4 3.0ghz under water cooled with a TT Big Water 12cm Liquid System but I'm a noob at water cooling and I dont know how to unistall one or install. So I read the Tuniq Tower 120 / Thermalright Ultra 120+Extreme can keep the cpu as cool as water cooling can. but yea. I screw up my last after almost 2yrs because I was only using distilled water after my TT Coolant finished.

I can't wait to set up my new stuff.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the Gigabyte Aurora 3D, sure it's 2" taller than you want, but it's a great case...

Also go get the HX620W from ClubIT.com... It's only $115.95 this week with a mail in rebate...

Last but not least, go check out the cooling mod forum for a watercooling guide... Lots of information there...

Thanks.. well I already bought the Antec 900.. at first I wanted the Aurora but its 2" taller so it doesn't fit under my desk = ..

I was wondering the 520HX is like $105 or so. is it worth it paying a little more to get the 620HX ? Probably the wrong place to ask but yea.

I'm not going to mess with water cooling for now hehe

Thanks a bunch

Guest Blooz1

I'm sure you'll be happy with the 900 - all the feedback I've seen from those who've bought one have been positive.

As far as the PSU decision goes, if you can afford the 620, why not go for it? You may not need the extra power right now, but think ahead to your next build!

I hope your room isn't too dusty as over time the build up of dust will impair any air cooling you are using.

Yes unfortunately my room and as any part of the house and anywhere gets dusty. So I'm guessing to clean the desk every 5-7days . Sweep, Blower, and cant keep windows closed otherwise gets too hot

I'm sure you'll be happy with the 900 - all the feedback I've seen from those who've bought one have been positive.

As far as the PSU decision goes, if you can afford the 620, why not go for it? You may not need the extra power right now, but think ahead to your next build!

I hope so. I just emailed antec back to cancel the order since I saw the case for $15 less in another site. I'm going to see if I can afford the 620..

I like my 900 so far no issues at all:nod: :nod:

You have pics ?

I've looked through pricegrabber now probably look through newegg but I'm sure I'm done.. I still choose the antec 900 as my first choice, i would choose tt jr armor as second choice. But a lot of reviews saying the sideways hdd cages are bad since you have to really bend those cables and the psu cables coming from top ha. The TT Jr Armor might be nicer in the fact that is Aluminum and the Front but overall others the Antec 900 IMO owns in midtower under 19" Tall im glad .. Any of you Antec 900 users post pics I'm in the club

Is it just me or did Antec shorten the front panel cables on the recent shipments.

I've built several of them and never had an issue until this build.

I'm using an Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard and the cables will not route nicely around the board.

Since the Audio connector on the motherboard is between the PCIe slots, I ended up just wrapping the cables together and they actually angle across the bottom right corner of the board.

It also seems the LED/Switch leads are awful short on this unit.

Of course you'd know that this build is for me!

Is it just me or did Antec shorten the front panel cables on the recent shipments.

I've built several of them and never had an issue until this build.

I'm using an Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe motherboard and the cables will not route nicely around the board.

Since the Audio connector on the motherboard is between the PCIe slots, I ended up just wrapping the cables together and they actually angle across the bottom right corner of the board.

It also seems the LED/Switch leads are awful short on this unit.

Of course you'd know that this build is for me!

In this case what can we do ?

Where did you order from ?

My ETA is May 1st for my shipment to arrive