Sign in to follow this  
sumasage

Bios update to fix hdd issue?

I am trying to install Windows Vista. When it come to the point where i have to choose which partition/hdd, it said "This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu". I checked and the only thing turn off was the RAID. I'm not too familiar with the BIOS and where to turn the hdd controller on/off. Please direct me to where it is.

I checked DFI for any BIOS update but the only thing i saw was http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=A&SITE=US i am not sure which version of my current BIOS is, where can i find it? Will flashing to the BIOS version download from above link fix this issue?

Thanks

Everest did detected Mobo ID - 04/06/2006-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00 i will assume the 04/06/2006 is the the version that is latest on DFI's site. Also i dont see any note mention about Vista or anything like that. The Bios update is very old, will there be a new one or anything like that?

The 4/06 BIOS is probably the last one since it is now pretty old. I had that same issue when I first tried to install Vista. I think I tried it a couple of times and got the same message you posted. From what I recalled, I just had to disable the RAID controller and it allowed me to go on with the install. I eventually setup up the RAID later on and it was fine.

i finally got it to work. I had to install XP, did the BIOS update which i think is the one already have on the mobo. I got he same error the first time. Somehow restarted and it just let me install. Seem pretty flaky, probably due to Vista install or something. I wasnt even try to RAID the drives. Thanks for the suggestions.