Sign in to follow this  
suedenim

Gamepad

I'm looking at getting gamepad for my PC, probably USB as I have a plethora of ports.

What I'm looking for is comfort and control with variable sensitivity on the Analog sticks (yep - its gotta have those but pretty standard I think these days).

nice to haves might be.

Wireless

Rumble feature

Bacon sandwich

Cold beer

Thanks in advance

Guest Lavell

Agreed 100%, except I have the wired version of the Logitech Rumblepad 2. I play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Tomb Raider: Legend, and Madden NFL 2007 with it. Excellent controller.

I'm looking at getting gamepad for my PC, probably USB as I have a plethora of ports.

What I'm looking for is comfort and control with variable sensitivity on the Analog sticks (yep - its gotta have those but pretty standard I think these days).

nice to haves might be.

Wireless

Rumble feature

Bacon sandwich

Cold beer

Thanks in advance

another vote for Logitech Rumblepad2 but not the wireless (wireless sucks for PC whether it is mouse or gamepad)

I've got 3 of them laying around the lab and they are awesome

the usb xbox 360 controller works reasonably well in windows. Only issue is that the triggers show up as the Z axis, so if you push both of them as far as they go, they'll cancel each other out and have the same value as if they weren't being pressed down at all.

I also have a saitek p3000, it works well, and is wireless. Its a ripoff of the ps2 controller, and is quite comfortable. Only thing is that the windows software is pretty miserable, but it works flawlessly in linux.

I like the idea of Linux but I've been a Windows (MS Sl*t) for a long time now. Plug n play is a good idea and kinda works most times on MS which I like.

I'll check out the Logitech Rumble and Saitek p3k at work tomorrow - time permitting.

I'm planning to have a go at completing TR - Legends which I bought, played for 10 mins and didn't get back to as keyboard and mouse weren't doing it for me ( I have fond memories of the original TR on the PS1)

Guest Lavell

If you're playing Tomb Raider: Legend, you definitely want the Logitech Rumblepad 2. I've tried to play this game with keyboard and mouse. With the weird camera view and controls, a keyboard and mouse just won't cut it. The Rumblepad 2 will give you more control over the game.

another vote for Logitech Rumblepad2 but not the wireless (wireless sucks for PC whether it is mouse or gamepad)

I've got 3 of them laying around the lab and they are awesome

I agree with the mouse comment, but what problems have you had with the wireless version of the rumblepad2?

I agree with the mouse comment, but what problems have you had with the wireless version of the rumblepad2?

nothing but problems

wireless devices have a noticeable lag on the PC and that isn't gonna work out well in games.

(however, my Xbox360, you'll have to kill me to get my wireless controller)

Sign in to follow this