Best overclocking cheap (under $60) 1GB DDR2 module

Hi. What is the best overclocking 1GB DDR2 module under $60 right now? I am building a media center SFF PC, so it's not the most hardcore affair, and the cooling might not be the best. Nonetheless, I am interested in finding something that will get at least 850MHz on a voltage that is reasonable for a SFF PC (I haven't worked with DDR2 in the past, so I'm not sure how the voltage is relative to DDR...I imagine 2v is pretty healthy).

If it's worth the extra cost, don't hesitate to recommend a slightly more expensive module! Thanks.

Guest SPQQKY

These are reportedly D9GHM, it's not guaranteed though.

Otherwise, Kingston Value may be your best bet, look on e-bay for value ram from crucial or kingston, you'll most likely get older, unsold stock that will possibly have D9's. It's a crap shoot unless you can go to a store or computer con and hand pick. Otherwise, you'll have to spend a few more dollars to ensure good OCing DDR2.

• 2 weeks later...
These are reportedly D9GHM, it's not guaranteed though.

Otherwise, Kingston Value may be your best bet, look on e-bay for value ram from crucial or kingston, you'll most likely get older, unsold stock that will possibly have D9's. It's a crap shoot unless you can go to a store or computer con and hand pick. Otherwise, you'll have to spend a few more dollars to ensure good OCing DDR2.

not all those are D9.the one review said his had eplida

Guest SPQQKY
not all those are D9.the one review said his had eplida

Sounds like he was trying to solidify a scam.....I have never heard of Crucial using Elpida, they've always used Micron......they are a division of Micron, I don't think they would use Elpida, kinda bad business not to use your own IC's.

EDIT: it appears Crucial has been using (very rarely) Elpida and Samsung IC's. Probably to keep the market in check. However, some of the Elpida have been scaling to 900MHz, even with cas 3........you never know what you'll get with value ram.

Sounds like he was trying to solidify a scam.....I have never heard of Crucial using Elpida, they've always used Micron......they are a division of Micron, I don't think they would use Elpida, kinda bad business not to use your own IC's.

EDIT: it appears Crucial has been using (very rarely) Elpida and Samsung IC's. Probably to keep the market in check. However, some of the Elpida have been scaling to 900MHz, even with cas 3........you never know what you'll get with value ram.

Dang 900mhz with cas 3 on value ram:drool: .I wish my OCZ's could do that.Im not having much luck with D9 ram on my DS3.Im gonna grab me a PB5-E or Deluxe soon.Or a DFI 965-S if i can find 1 in stock.And i hope one of these board can make use of my OCZ Gold PC2 8800XTC'x with D9GMH ic's