Quick Vent...

Mall property owners are terrible landlords. They are often strict as hell but NEVER do anything for their properities. I worked in a store once that our toilet was back flushing for almost a year (for a year we had no toilet at work). Can you imagine? Another time a piece of sheet metal from the underside of the store front overhang tore loose, about a 6 foot section, all jagged and was flopping in the hard wind while customers walked by oblivious. We called them over and over and all they did was lie and say they would come. For a week it sat that way until I went out there on a tall ladder and fought with it for a few hours until I got the metal riped away and free. Someone could have been killed, but the landlord didn't give a damn. Landlords can be the scum of the earth sometimes.

One time a landlord had snow shoveled off of the roof and instead of it being dumped ANYWHERE ELSE, the jerks deliberately piled it about 15 feet or so high right in front of our rear emergency exit/loading door. We fought with them for about a week and a half until I finally ripped the phone from my manager's hand, got on it and, screaming bloody murder at the jerk on the other end I said "I will have the fire martial out here first thing in the morning if you don't clear this this afternoon, damn you, and not only that, I will publicise all the other things too!" In one hour they had a dozer out clearing it. My managers loved me, I was always doing their job for them...

It really saddens me how poor and dishonest businessmen can be. Like lawyers: When I was a legal courier in Houston for about 5 years I saw everything and met the movers and shakers of America, such as many of the president's best buddies, no kidding. Well, 2/3s of the lawyers wouldn't pay their bills to our company without us REALLY hassling them. In fact, about a third would NEVER pay their bills. Legal firms are notorious for not paying bills. They just come back at ya with a "sue me" attitude and laugh at you. Thing is, they would always be on hell and fire to get emergency deliveries done no matter what the cost, until bill paying time. It IS true that lawyers ARE the scum of the Earth. Well, so are many landlords...