being that I'm a little new, i don't know i if my sound problem has anything to do with my mobo set-up. I just have 2 speakers and a 7.1 audio hook-up option. I downloaded the drive, realtek audio '97 and still nothin. If someone could help me with this dilemma it would be greatly appreciated.

even though your loaded up the drivers, you still have to activate AC'97 in the bios.

i apologize if you have done this already, but just from your postage, i have this feeling............

laterz,

baldy

No problem.

Is the module showing up in device manager, and are there any error messages when you open it's properties, like "device cannot start"?

Is this a new mobo or used?

Was the problem always there or did it just happen? Did you change anything?

Is the exhaust fan hitting the audio module? You can try to re-seat the module without the plastic clip, examine for any broken capacitors or burnt smell when you remove it.

so is the problem that you're not getting any sound out of your speakers? or is it that the drivers won't install without errors? Are you sure the speakers are plugged into the correct jack? Is the onboard sound enabled in the BIOS? etc.

Maybe a walkthrough from the start of what you've done to try and correct your problem too... we'll try to help...