DDR500 doesn't want to do DDR500

I have DDR500 team xtream, or xtreem memory in my old box that doesn't see too much use. It's 2.5-4-4-8 at DDR500 specced TCCD. I bought this and sold a 2 gig DDR500 set that worked awesome figuring since I barely use this computer, why bother with hardcore memory?

http://www.ingraldi.us/thasp/memory/

Those are my settings.

I tried 2.8v on the memory which worked like a joke.. it'd fail in under than a minute. It failed after 12 hours at 217 MHz, 3-4-4-8, and loose subtimings with a CPU I am most certain is stable at the speed it was running at. I use 2.9. I think that's because the board undervolts. If I set 3.2, it goes to 2.8 with ch5. I usually don't believe the board, but when it corresponds directly to performance, and ch5 doesn't boot at 235 MHz with 2-3-2-6 at 3.2v, I know it's not lying.

My DDR500 2 gig g.skill set was so much better.

I have used since, a different PSU(sparkle and antec), and a different CPU(Opteron 165 and venice 3000+), but neither combinations worked.

The DDR500 that kicked butt with the same model board, was in a different actual board. The last two things I can think of to replace is the board with a better one and better memory, unless someone sees something glaringly wrong with my settings. I'd rather not go out of my way to fix a system that is only used for the occasional task that would slow down my desktop's activities, but I would like to get to the bottom of what is wrong with it. If it is indeed an issue with the RAM, so much for selling it.

1 gig, I've never heard of 2x1GB TCCD.

I don't have the part number since I no longer have the original case, and I can't see the memory with the tuniq over it.

1 x 1Gb Kit Team Xtreem Appolo 2.5-3-3-6 PC4000 (TCCD) (TXDR1024M500HC25DC) = $116.28 was in my email invoice, if that helps.

Hmmm...turn off 1T for the time, and be sure that you can get a 24-hour Prime/Orthos run at 200mhz first. Memtest86 at default settings for the memory to see if you have a bad dimm...if you keep getting errors, check each dimm individually. If that's the case, I'll bet you have a bad dimm.

Try setting your max async at 8 instead of 7, and play with the drive strengths if you have the option. I'll try to come up with some other things after work.

I tried with loose settings, 2.9 and 2.8v at 267 FSB, 1:0.7, no dice. Now 267 FSB, 2.9v and 1:0.6, it booted which it would not do before(ironically which was at a higher ram speed). The drive strength options are there but have, in my experience, 0 effect on the instability of the memory. It's equally unstable at all of them. :(

I did try async 8 ms and the one under it at 6 instead of 5.5 last week to no avail. Now I am trying it with this ram speed. I am not sure where this sits, I think it is below stock but am not sure. Nothing like cpu-z I can find for linux. :(

I don't think I saved the original packaging for the memory so there's nothingI can do RMAwise, and even if I did not like I'm taking a computer that also gets used as a router down for 3 weeks while they take their sweet time sending me working sticks. I think I will look for new memory

I don't think I saved the original packaging for the memory so there's nothingI can do RMAwise, and even if I did not like I'm taking a computer that also gets used as a router down for 3 weeks while they take their sweet time sending me working sticks. I think I will look for new memory

Thasp, I RMA'ed some RAM to TeamGroup once. I don't believe I needed the original packaging (although I did have it). I had it back it less than a week from when I sent it off. This was my experience with the TeamGroup RMA.

I took pictures of the CRT with all the memory settings. I can't use A64tweaker(unless they make a console linux version that works without a GUI)

Thanks a lot on the tref thing, I will report back - just what I was hoping for!

edit: nevermind, failed less than an hour into prime. :( 2T is probably required for this to run. I'm debating whether 1T is worth taking them out, putting other ram in, scouring down an RMA form, packaging it, and going to the post office. I think I'm going to sell the whole system soon.