Sign in to follow this  
neilcha

cpu fan dir

i have now finnished setting up my pc but one thing conserns me and that it that because of the N/bridge cooler i can not have my cpu fan pointing out towards the back of my case because the clip will not close because the N/B cooler is in the way , so i have mounted it pointing forwards towards the front of the case but its blowing all the hot air directly over my ram . is this a potential problem , will the ram over heat ???

i have orderd a new side pannel for my Armor with a 25cm intake fan which will blow cool air over everything .

imag0016zk2.th.jpg

imag0015vw0.th.jpg

imag0014up8.th.jpg

imag0017qx5.th.jpg

Depends alot on how much you are clocking that RAM. I'd rather not have that hot air blowing towards the front, it is going to mess up your air flow.

Depends alot on how much you are clocking that RAM. I'd rather not have that hot air blowing towards the front, it is going to mess up your air flow.

untill i sort this out my pc is running at the asus overclock profile by 10% so my cpu is [email protected] 2.1 and the ram is @141mhz 3.0-2-2-6 , im still learning about o/c , i can do the cpu but the ram i do not understand , when i get the cpu running @ 2.5 my ram is at 133 im not sure what &how to change .

there should be somewhere in the BIOS a setting like dram frequency, there you will be able to adjust the multi/divider to your liking. For now at least you need not worry about that fan direction. You are barely pushing so temps should be fine.

Keep on searching and reading, the lightbulb will come on sooner or later.

Have fun.:)

I've had the exhaust fan reversed in some of my builds, sometimes it actually decreased my case temps because it brought in cool air directly, rather than having to find it's way across the hard drives, chip set and RAM, it really depends on your case setup and mobo layout. You can try reversing all your fans and compare the temps, could go either way better or worse.

Yeah, I would try to reverse all the fans, or get a different cooler fan, can't hurt to try.

i just looked at the fan specs and everything is right , its pointing in the right dir after all , hot air blowing out the back towards the 120mm fan ... duh

that goes to everyone that did not notice as well ...duh :rolleyes:

LOL, if you look at your pic, the fan does look reversed, judging by where the cables run out of the center hub compared to your exhaust fan.

You couldn't tell by placing your hand there? sometimes I check with a lighter to be sure ;)

I would still get a "standard" fan, just doesn't seem efficient to have an open fan housing like that, you must lose some airflow out of the sides.