Sign in to follow this  
nunokas

Incompatibility Bios VS Graphic Card

last week-end i've tried to populate all DIMM so i've added two crucial ballistix pc 4000 tracer (512 x 2) to my OCZ for a total of 3 GB ram.

well, they worked fine, didn't wasted much time in tweaking, but worked fawlessly at 220 with 3-4-4-8, played for hours with oblivion and gothic 3 without a single crash.

with the 711 bios. so i don't think you need a beta bios. well, maybe some specific issue with bios 711 and 4 x 512 ocz platinum...

You aren't using any auto-overclocking software with your card are you?

What setup does your friend have?

Have you checked the temperatures?

If possible make sure the power line for the card isn't powering anything else.

Manually set the AGP frequency to 67.

Undo any overclocking you may have done.

Try to game.

Reboots etc. then up the AGP voltage one level

Try again.

Reboots etc then come back and let us know (with answers to other questions too please)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Apologies for any confusion. I work on the assumption that you will have read the stickies in the forums you need. If not then let us know so we can be less brief and also remind you to read the stickies.

Apologies for any confusion. I work on the assumption that you will have read the stickies in the forums you need. If not then let us know so we can be less brief and also remind you to read the stickies.

Suedenim, the other stick that i bought was false, it looked like a pair of ocz el ddr platinum but the chips were at standart timmings at 3-4-4-8 (sisoft sandra confirmed), i searched in the ocz page and found that these are the timmings for the ocz value series:confused: :confused: :confused: so... it looked like somewhere, somehow these chips where sticked with the platinum cooper and identification and sold like platinum series:mad: the shop refunded me.i'm gonna buy 2x1gb gskill zx series like your's and wanna know if they work well in this board with bios 711??

thx.

Blo*dy cheeky of the perp that faked the RAM gald you found out and got it sorted.

The G.Skills I use were bought because they gave the best performance for the money I had at the time. They are generally good up to 250MHz but I never took them past 220MHz (obviously as speed goes up timings get less tight). I never had any problems with them with BIOS 7/11/2005 apart from the usual OC stuff like uping the volts a little etc.

The ZX's have a good rep but I believe the HZ's have the edge - probably worth asking if anyones had experience of both and then seeing if the price differential is worth the performance.