Sign in to follow this  
nunokas

Incompatibility Bios VS Graphic Card

in my sistem (sig) i added more memory (2x 512) but the sistem didn't recognized the 2 gigas:confused: so i updated to the last bios to detect it... now, only with this last bios i can have the 4x512mb but without the 7800gs+ card:sad: i had to re use my old 6600gt for the sistem functioning and stability...i think there's some incompatibility with the new bios and the 7800gs card:rolleyes:

what can i do?

(sry my bad english)

thx.

may work better with two 1 gig sticks. increase agp window in bios?

memory controller? need somebody who knows more.

also what's the other power connector for that vid card? mine is a peripheral power plug. i really wasn't too sure about that. I'm not sure how that connection gets clean power to the card unless it doesn't need much.

also what about voltage settings. all that ram could be quite a laod on power to it.

mmmhh, nop, even whith just two dimms (2x512) and this last bios it crashes whith the bliss card:(

I have the same problem , my DFI Lanparty nf3 ultra-D freezes with my 7800GS, after a bios update i made to my motherboard.THe graphic card is working properly cause i tested it in other 2 systems.

By the moment i install the drivers for the graphic card my windows starts to freeze after a while. ALready tryed diferent drivers for both motherboard chipset and graphic card and this always hapends.

Seems im not the only one with the same problem and if some experts could post some otions on this topic would be great!! THx Thx

the only problem I had installing my vid card was after uninstalling drivers for previous card I installed new card and drivers and I guess the system couldn't find the driver (or refernce to it) for the monitor. It seemed to me that uninstalling the previous driver took the monitor driver (or reference to it) also.

I've got your same mobo and vid card, but never got a problem.

By now i've the 711 bios installed, but previously i've also tried the 1912, and never had any issue with the vid card.

i think it's something related to your PSU

i thought about the PSU but my 6600gt can play cs source whithout a problem in the same resolution:confused: ah, i forgot to mention... now, the 7800gs+ can operate well in OS and curiousely it can play soldiers of fortune 2 but when i try to play stalker or call of juarez or cs source or something whith newer engines (DX9) after a minute or two,it reboots:sad:

anyone please:sad:

Are you sure that your RAM is working right? Do you have done a long (at least 8 hours ) run of memtest? Your issues may be caused by something not related to the vid card…

Is your system overclocked? Voltages are set right? And temperatures?

I found my system a little more stable putting a little overclock on the AGP ( 67 Mhz).

Someone reported that disabling AGP Fast Write may solve some issues.

But I still think it may be something related to your PSU. How do you connect the vid card? I’m using the PCI-E 6 pin power cable. I’ve noticed that using the two molex cable adapter doesn’t assure you enough power especially if there are HD on the same power line.

Are you sure that your RAM is working right? Do you have done a long (at least 8 hours ) run of memtest? Your issues may be caused by something not related to the vid card…

Is your system overclocked? Voltages are set right? And temperatures?

I found my system a little more stable putting a little overclock on the AGP ( 67 Mhz).

Someone reported that disabling AGP Fast Write may solve some issues.

But I still think it may be something related to your PSU. How do you connect the vid card? I’m using the PCI-E 6 pin power cable. I’ve noticed that using the two molex cable adapter doesn’t assure you enough power especially if there are HD on the same power line.

yeap,i just used the PCI-E 6 pin power cable directly from the PSU, played CS source at 1280/1024 for about 4 minutes and then...reboot:(

just tried the card in another agp sistem from a friend, it played very well CS source at 1600/9.... proving that the problem is not with the card itself:confused: it's normal the earlier bios of this board (604,711) not detecting the 2048Mb (4x512) ???? that's why i had to install this last one, i think it's the beta...

ty.

Guest Ghost

Have you tried a better PSU? Upping agp voltage a notch, messing with agp aperture, no fastwrites, try different nv drivers.

Don't get me wrong, but 550W LC's are less than stellar, and probably rated around 400W by normal standards despite their "good and cheap" fame here in Portugal. Just look at that huge 105 PSU test that was on a french site were 3 of them died under load testing. On the other hand, LC Scorpios are way more reliable and realistically rated (iirc, same manufacturer as hyper R).

A G71 needs plenty of juice which can't be given by the agp slot as with the pci-e parts, so it relies directly on your psu.