Sign in to follow this  
Novartic_

LANPARTY UT NF680i LT SLI-T2R Vista ready???

ok, so this chipset is not as good as the 680i for over clocking but good, but DFI should over come this issues right?

It' every bit as good as the non-LT version. The only differences between the two chips is LinkBoost, the number of USB ports and EPP speed. So from a user's point of view there is no practical difference between the two.

What may distinguish the two chipsets is the LT being a newer revision. It's been known for a long time that the only way the 680i chipset could really be fixed was with a new revision. The bios updates that appear to fix these issues are nothing more then workarounds. It just makes sense that with the revision of the chipset the issues would have been addressed.

As stated it does NOT matter how you get the Vista drivers...

Vista loads the drivers it has that it list as current... you can always upgrade those to the latest drivers from the makers site...

I have been running Vista since the betas and run the release version now on many rigs...

you can just load drivers from chips makers site and install those with no issues...especially the Realtek drivers...as I have had to do that on several ocasions...

there will be a Audio driver in the nVidia driver pack but it isnt near as good as the Vista driver straight from the realtek site... regardless of any engineers take on the part...;)

ok, so this chipset is not as good as the 680i for over clocking but good

Just one more way nVidia is trying to get people hyped into buying the non-LT boards. I've even heard that the LT actually OCs better; probably due to the newer silicon.

Just one more way nVidia is trying to get people hyped into buying the non-LT boards.

This depends on the board. The EVGA version of the LT is definitely a step backwards. The bios is crippled so badly it's nowhere near the board that the 680i is.

Very intestsing Praz.

Do you have 48 test lab machines with all the latest and top end spec? ;) Didnt think so. Yer we had Vista Ultermate since June (someware around that time. Everything does too fast in life for my liking.) direct from MS. Then we got the RC1 RC2 etc....

But I do have to say we only found this to be an issues with some of the moards we have not all. Some of the more moden boards (2007/Dec 06) we have are fine with this but with some of the 2006/5 board there a pain in the arse.

As stated it does NOT matter how you get the Vista drivers...

Vista loads the drivers it has that it list as current... you can always upgrade those to the latest drivers from the makers site...

I have been running Vista since the betas and run the release version now on many rigs...

you can just load drivers from chips makers site and install those with no issues...especially the Realtek drivers...as I have had to do that on several ocasions...

there will be a Audio driver in the nVidia driver pack but it isnt near as good as the Vista driver straight from the realtek site... regardless of any engineers take on the part...;)

I really hope you're not just assuming we dont have the equipment to test all the features and aspects of an OS...

That would be just wrong...

I have installed Vista many many rigs...all the way from Early Socket A's to all points in between the current...without some having driver support from Vista itself and gotten them to work with makers drivers...

So please dont assume anything or think that any one person is smarter than the other...that will only get you negative results...;)

Very intestsing Praz.

Do you have 48 test lab machines with all the latest and top end spec? ;) Didnt think so. Yer we had Vista Ultermate since June (someware around that time. Everything does too fast in life for my liking.) direct from MS. Then we got the RC1 RC2 etc....

But I do have to say we only found this to be an issues with some of the moards we have not all. Some of the more moden boards (2007/Dec 06) we have are fine with this but with some of the 2006/5 board there a pain in the arse.

This depends on the board. The EVGA version of the LT is definitely a step backwards. The bios is crippled so badly it's nowhere near the board that the 680i is.

I was referring to the spec sheet listing the the 680i as Best for Extreme FSB Overclocking and the LT as Good.

But I must concur that nVidia has extremely crippled the 680i LT in their reference design, which is used by eVGA.

I've never had any problems downloading drivers directly from the chip manufacturer's.

The one thing I can see causing a problem is trying to install the drivers for a different chip; i.e. trying to install the HD audio driver on a mb that doesn't have an HD audio chip.

Prehaps we are the unlucky ones then in that case. Always get the uptodate hardware thats ****. If i had a chance to save any of the hardware in the hardware lab at were i work i might nab the X4100 Sunfire server blade and leave the rest. (let the crap burn).

But I do agree on one part that with XP and with Vista I origanly used to do this. Take the driver direct from the main scorce as this seemed the most logical route to take. O well, lets just drop this little dispute, its not getting us anyware.

Back to the motherboard :drool:

Any idea when its coming out? The intel 45nm CPU's should be coming out soon as well.

Back to the motherboard :drool:

Any idea when its coming out? The intel 45nm CPU's should be coming out soon as well.

:angel: Tuesday :angel:

I've seen reports that it'll go retail on 27-APR in Tokyo; so it should hit US shelves within the next month or so.

But the "official" DIY-Street answer still stands until it is on the market. :tooth:

The answer last night out of Taiwan was 3 - 4 weeks realistically. A friend has one in-hand and will be posting results next week when he gets back home. Oskar told him the OC performance is as good as the non-LT chipset.