p180 amd modstream ?

Im looking to get an antec p180 and i have a ocz modstream 520 and was wondering if it would fit ok? anyopne have this setup?

That should fit fine. A friend of mine got that P180 recently and was worried about his PSU fitting in the case also. He has the PC P&C 750 which is longer than a standard ATX PSU. Even that PSU fit in the P180 fine. There is a bracket which you can remove that will give you move clearance if you need it.

I tried this combo back when I was tinkering with that box - and it was a no go. The 4vt cable was actually long enough - but the thickness of the pci-e + atx cables were a bear - right up against my video cards, and a rats nest coming through the bottom chambers cabling slot. I ended up using a NeoPower 480 - and it was great. Good luck on your end :)

Hiper will work ok , I had a bit of a struggle with the 4-pin cpu connector reaching, I had to snake it along my MB(LP SLI-DR Expert) and it "barely" made it.

Some good units that are plenty long are the Fortron and OCZ.

I had the same problem when I tried both of my Hipers. I nixed the idea because cable management went out the window with that 4vt stretched right across everything. Antec PSUs work just fine (same maker), amd that's what I went with (earlier post). Honestly, don't let the "480" scare you. The 12vt rail has more amperage than the Modstream, and would power your system just fine + it's modular, so you can eliminate clutter. Other higher wattage Antecs would probably work just fine, too.

I had the same problem when I tried both of my Hipers. I nixed the idea because cable management went out the window with that 4vt stretched right across everything. Antec PSUs work just fine (same maker), amd that's what I went with (earlier post). Honestly, don't let the "480" scare you. The 12vt rail has more amperage than the Modstream, and would power your system just fine + it's modular, so you can eliminate clutter. Other higher wattage Antecs would probably work just fine, too.

I've just installed my kit into the P180B SPCR. The cable routing was a bloody pain in the butt but well worth it. The only thing in the way of the airflow is the IDE cable.

Not sure about the P180(A) but the B allows you to route cables underneath the motherboard "tray" and includes cable ties.

I don't what length the cables are on my PSU (OCZ GX600) but they were fine. The 20pin and 4pin were a bit of a stretch but the hardest part was getting all the cables in for the lower HDD cage. I vainly took some photos which I am planning to dump on flickr (might do it today - will post back)

I've just installed my kit into the P180B SPCR. The cable routing was a bloody pain in the butt but well worth it. The only thing in the way of the airflow is the IDE cable.

Not sure about the P180(A) but the B allows you to route cables underneath the motherboard "tray" and includes cable ties.

I don't what length the cables are on my PSU (OCZ GX600) but they were fine. The 20pin and 4pin were a bit of a stretch but the hardest part was getting all the cables in for the lower HDD cage. I vainly took some photos which I am planning to dump on flickr (might do it today - will post back)

im trying to get my p180 together as well and ill tell ya the wire manament is a mess but ill get it i hope just waiting for the new wc ing parts to show

heres were im at now lol DSCF0320.jpg

then theres that little burgler trying to take my stuff

DSCF0324.jpg