Considering an upgrade to Vista x64 - need drivers help

Hey guys, I'm currently on Win XP SP2, and my specs are in my sig. I'm planning to upgrade to the 64 bit vista, but the disc that came with the mobo from what i can tell only has XP drivers.

I know in theory where to look for drivers - nvidia website, DFI website, but the only driver for vista that i found on the DFI website was the AC97 driver.

And then the nvidia site was just confusing because it had a whole bunch of different Nforce 4's and Nforce 4##'s under "platform and Nforce drivers"

Does anyone know which of the drivers on nvidia's site go for this motherboard?

Also on the CD it lists "USB drivers, network drivers, etc." does anyone know where these are found?

If you intend to mess with a 64bit OS I'd suggest www.planetamd64.com or www.x64bit.net. Both of them are a great source of information.

You'll have a better shot at getting answers at either of those forums.

But Drivers will ALWAYS be a problem.

The requirements for signed drivers really cripple the Vista x64 OS.

It is a huge stumbling block for many programs and I don't believe there is anything to be gained by moving to Vista x64 at this time. JMHO

I dont either, but I'm just looking to experiment a bit, while still having a working computer. With vista, u can boot into a mode that doesn't require signed drivers by hitting f8 before boot. Thanks for the links, i'll check them out.

It is a huge stumbling block for many programs and I don't believe there is anything to be gained by moving to Vista x64 at this time. JMHO

Good points with good links.

The only thing I gained while I ran it is having gone from Male Pattern Baldness to just plain bald. The driver situation is abhorrent and will test the nerves of any patient man. Just shameful driver support.

Would there by an advantage gained by staying 32 bit instead of 64 when going vista?

NP.

/me thinks you need to (re-)read soundx98's post above. :angel:

If you meant performance wise, IMHO if you're bound and determined to install Vista I'd do 32bit. If only for the driver support.