e4300 or e6420? Please help.

Robc1880

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I just ordered an e6320 for 260 CAD (like 210ish USD) but the again, everything is more for me cuz Im up in Canada. Grr... Oh well, Im just a teen with nothing but a cell bill to pay so no worries! McDicks pays good lol :D

I have my memory and motherboard ordered, couldn't pass up the deal I got on them.

So here is the future rig so far:

Intel Badaxe2

Mushkin HP2-6400 2GB

Zalman 9700

e4400 or e6420

From what i've seen I might be FSB limited with this mobo for overclocking. I would be perfectly happy with 3.0 Ghz. Do you guys think that this mobo would let me do that with either processor? I'm leaning more and more towards the e4400 just because I don't think the extra cache is going to make a huge difference (at least not one that I would notice)

does anyone know if the hr-05 or the sli version would fit on this mobo?

If there is an FSB limit to that board then the E4400 would keep you well below it. I read it might not be as good an overclocker as the E4300 but I doubt it would even miss a beat at 3.0Ghz

This sucks.....I just got my badaxe2 yesterday, now I just have to wait on a CPU until next week. Worst part is I found a deal on an eVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 for $130, now I'm debating buying that board and selling this badaxe2. Which board do you guys think is the better one to have, badaxe2, or the evga 680i?