Random Shutdown

I have been having some issues with my computer. It has been working great for the past 3 months, but recently is has started randomly shutting down. I have reset the bios to the defaults so the issues doesn’t relate to overclocking. Additionally, I know the machine is not overheating as I have some heavy duty cooling which keeps it at -10C. All the other temps and voltages while the machine is running are within spec. Once the machine shuts down, and I try to start it up, it powers on for 1 second before shutting down. These seemed like a PSU issue, even though my PSU has been rock solid. I tried disconnecting all the drives, and used an ATI X300, but the machine still shuts down. I tried another 500W PSU that I use in my ABIT NF4 system, and the machine had the same issues, so I know it is not PSU related. I have also narrowed down the problem to occurring when the machine is stressed. When I run Prime95, the machine only lasts 2 minutes before shutting down. The machine also shutdown when it is not even running an OS, so it is some hardware issue. I am out of ideas, on what is causing the issue, so does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

You "KNOW" it is not a power supply issue? How do you KNOW? A supply can show even normal voltages and still be working wrong! I had this happen to me! I'd buy a power supply tester from frozencpu or newegg, the one with the LCD, and REALLY test it. Also, PCP&C sells a supply tester that applies an actual load, both are recommended for full testing. I would have to suspect your supply or a dieing motherboard or RAM. How high a voltage did your run the RAM at? Is that the Ballistix that has Micron 5B in it? If so I hope you didn't go too high on the voltage..

Well I have tried my other 500W PSU, that I use in my other NF4 system. I am currently using the "other" system and it has been rock solid, so if the PSU works fine in a similar system, I imagine the PSU is fine.

I was running the memory at 2.7V, but it has been at 2.6V since I have reset the bios trying to track down the issue.

As for temps during PM95:

CPU = 0C

PWM = 40C

CHIPSET = 35C

Look at your Ram (2x1GB Crucial Ballistic PC4000 --> famous for dying) Run a memtest from the BIOS and tell us if you pass 8hrs. If yes that come back and we think about something else (like the psu) ;) Had the same ram and it died after 2 months! They clock like nothing else there but they start showing errors quick as well.