Tubing/reservoir

I'm going to order an Iwaki MD20 in a couple of days, the other WC parts are:

Storm rev. 2

Maze 4 Expert

2x Koosah

Thermochill PA120.3

Q1: Can I buy any tubing I want to, or are some products much better than others?

Q2. (same as above but for the reservoir)

Q3: Is there something I've forgotten, or do i have everything I need now?

You may want to consider a fill port for easy system filling, sometimes those bay reservoirs can be tricky to fill, especially with liquid in them? Other than that it looks good :) There are different types of tubing, some have that anti-kink stuff around them, some seems to "yield better liquid flow" (I dont believe it)... Me personally, I am not going to even get a res, I am just going to T off and use my fill port as a reservoir.

Reservoirs aren't absolutely necessary; they usually allow the air to bleed out of the lines faster when filling; but offer no significant benefits for normal operation. Not to mention a res takes up space as well. There isn't necessarily any tubing that's "better" some are more flexible than others; but the stuff from Lowe's will work just fine.

Reservoirs aren't absolutely necessary; they usually allow the air to bleed out of the lines faster when filling; but offer no significant benefits for normal operation. Not to mention a res takes up space as well. There isn't necessarily any tubing that's "better" some are more flexible than others; but the stuff from Lowe's will work just fine.

WORD! :P

WORD! :P

I've built 1 res rig and 1 T-line so I have first-hand experience w/ both. :beer

actually the differnce between the two systems(res and t line) is neglable, there is also the close loop method to consider it's the hardest to set up as the last join in the system needs to be done in a bucket of coolant(expensive if your using the fancy stuff) then reinstalled in the case it's a very efficent way but a pain in the butt to do but has the highest flow rates(least joints and such.

but for your first rig use the res and a clear one is best, why i here you say,so you can rest easy when you see the liquid flow through.

just my 2 cents worth

How does this t-line thing work, actually?

Rather than using a reservoir in the cooling loop; you simply install a T fitting just before the pump inlet. Then you connect a line to the additional port (on the T) and attach a fill-port on the other end.

The water in the fill-line will actually act as a reservoir to make up for any liquid loss due to evaporation.

I use the t Line and filports for my rigs. I have this on one of my loops in my main rig and I will use one of these on another case I'm building

http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php...90&cat=6&page=1

Then again I did grab one of these

http://www.moddersmart.com/index.php?targe...roduct_id=29998

for cheap I may use just because it would look nice in the front of the case