Laptop recommendation please

madu

If gaming isn't a primary concern you should take a look at the Apple MacBook line of laptops. they're 13.3" have c2d cpu's, are reasonably priced, and come with os x (which you can leave or ditch for xp, or have both). Apple offers a 3 year extended warranty which I've heard good things about. Only downside to that laptop I can see is the integrated graphics. I may buy one myself for college.

the white macbook with a 2.0ghz c2d, 2gB of ram, 160 gig 5400rpm hdd, and extended warranty comes out to $1973 or $1763 if you choose to use the educational discount.

Acer laptops do quite well for my customers that choose them over others.

The great thing is the availability of the 3 year "no fault" warranty. If you have a problem, any problem, you call the support center. They overnight a return box to you, you pack it up, use the overnight return tag and three or four days later you're back up and running. They will even move your drive to a better laptop if they can't repair the damage and they no longer make the exact model.

I've sent back laptops that were run over by a truck, dropped from a tree-house, kicked off a dock into salt water and burned in a car fire. My customers are really hard on their stuff.