Virtual DVD-R for Vista x86 needed.

ReelFiles

Ok, here's the scenario;

I am using Windows DVD maker which doesn't support creation of disk images, or "burning" to a folder.

I don't want to have to use a real DVD each time I want to test, so I need a utility similar to a virtual drive, but it has to be able to emulate the burning process and write an image instead. I guess it would be called a virtual DVD-R(W).

I've googled relentlessly but not much came up on the subject, except for a few people who didn't phrase their question correctly and were pointed to Daemon Tools or other virtual drives. So that doesn't help me much.

If I have to I'll use DVD-RWs, but my DVD player is kind of finicky with those.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest thespin

Doesn't a freeware utility named "Alcohol" do what you want ? Google and see ...

Haven't used Alcohol in a long time, the latest version does support Vista, but can't be used as a virtual DVD-R. Thanks anyways.

Windows DVD Maker keeps crashing on me while encoding, using RW discs anyway, so I might just say screw it and stick with Nerovision.

I really like some of the templates in DVD Maker, maybe I'll just get some professional software for DVD authoring. I'll have to google for something that supports Vista and isn't incredibly hard to use.