Sign in to follow this  
Cal

Checksum error

oh didn't notice it wasn't there.

well after lots of screaming at the thing last night i had a break and kicked the cat feeling better i came back to it and got somewhere i kept doing quick CMOS clears that let me boot to a point sometimes i wouldn't get anything others i would get half a post screen and lock up on the ide search but i kept on doing it and flicking the psu power on a off note all CMOS clears were done with the battery in place.

once i got a full post it would show the checksum error so with all drive but the CD drive unplugged i hit f1 and loaded the tmods disk changed bios and restarted done the CMOS thing again to get it to post and went in bios and reset configuration data and restarted now after this it posted first time on its own but after setting the bios with raid no post so i did everything again and updated the bios to latest and reset everything again and booom it worked loaded in to windows 3 times on the trot at this point it was 3am and i had work at 7am so off to bed. i have just come home and am about to turn it back on fingers crossed

You have another PSU that you can try? Maybe that one has died, possibly got sparked when you were installing the new card?

Yeah already tried another one and checked the volts on both to make sure its all good dont know what else to do another thing has started now when i can get it to load into windows some of the onboard things might not work like firewire or some of the usbs :S

What make/model was the other one that you tried? it is really important that it was a quality PSU - not a piece of junk from another old machine. It's pretty unlikely that both your Mobos would experience the same problem like this - so more than likely it is another component which has been fried... Are you doing a minimal build - what do you have connected, and where?