Sign in to follow this  
neilcha

which one

i have my eye on buting this ram

G-Skill pc4300 zx 1gb x 2 dual channel

The exact model spec is:

F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX - PC3200(DDR400) 2-3-2-5 Dual Channel

or should i get two more sticks of 512mb centons to add to what i have in my sig now ..to make a total of 4 X 512mb = 2gb

sig need updating as i now have a ASUS A8R32 MVP DELUX Crossfire M/board

i play alot of gaming (stalker - bf2142 - rainbow six vagas ) although stalker and vagas is very stuttery and freezes .

thanks in advanced

i have my eye on buting this ram

G-Skill pc4300 zx 1gb x 2 dual channel

The exact model spec is:

F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX - PC3200(DDR400) 2-3-2-5 Dual Channel

or should i get two more sticks of 512mb centons to add to what i have in my sig now ..to make a total of 4 X 512mb = 2gb

sig need updating as i now have a ASUS A8R32 MVP DELUX Crossfire M/board

i play alot of gaming (stalker - bf2142 - rainbow six vagas ) although stalker and vagas is very stuttery and freezes .

thanks in advanced

Go with the ZX's.

I think it's usually better to have two 1GB sticks than four 512mb sticks. If you buy them now they might not have as good IC's for overclocking as they once did but I just bought some used F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX's off of a guy and I have them orthosing right now at almost DDR500.

Go with the ZX's.

I think it's usually better to have two 1GB sticks than four 512mb sticks. If you buy them now they might not have as good IC's for overclocking as they once did but I just bought some used F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX's off of a guy and I have them orthosing right now at almost DDR500.

i will be buying them used off a mate that had them in his pc for about 5 months .

i will be buying them used off a mate that had them in his pc for about 5 months .

Ah. Here are some older views of the modules when they first came out:

Here

Here

In case you want to read some older reviews of them to help your decision.

there has been a change

i have bought a different set of ram

Corsair XMS3200 2GB 2x1GB

please tell me that this set of ram is better than adding two more 512mb sticks of the centon ram i have in my sig to make a total of 2gb

Unless you really care about losing 5% in some benchmarks that never translates into real-world performance, it's almost always better to go 2x1G than 4x512. A lot less problems. And easier to overclock, as you have less parts to try to make happy. Lets face it, working with 2 SPD chips is almost always easier than trying to work with 4 of them.

You made the right choice, and Corsair is pretty much the best stuff out there. I think you'll enjoy it.

Keep us informed.

Unless you really care about losing 5% in some benchmarks that never translates into real-world performance, it's almost always better to go 2x1G than 4x512. A lot less problems. And easier to overclock, as you have less parts to try to make happy. Lets face it, working with 2 SPD chips is almost always easier than trying to work with 4 of them.

You made the right choice, and Corsair is pretty much the best stuff out there. I think you'll enjoy it.

Keep us informed.

will do Technohydra , i can not wait to get my new rig together fullt so i can play STALKER without the freezes,,