AnUnknownSource's Watercooling

Hey guys, just thought I'd run my setup that's e-route by you all to get input. I just want to know if anything's gonna be a show stopper for me so I can plan ahead. So far I have the following on the way or here already:

Black ice 240 Xflow single pass radiator
Thanks FrostyAMD

MCP355 Pump with Petra Top

Danger Den RBX CPU block

20' of 1/2" UV Blue tubing (everything is 1/2" to match)

2x Koosah Waterblocks with the SLI setup
Thanks shadowmansm

Danger Den Maze4 Chipset block for Expert Board

Quick Release clamps and t-conns from smallparts.com

And finally one mammoth of a case, Lian Li PC-G70
Thanks ooeric
(stripped and ready for mounting.... wait a sec, where have I heard that before?)

With 4 blocks am I gonna need a better pump?

Any recommendations with the flow of the system? I was thinking of having one output from the RBX go to the GPU blocks and one go to the chipset then y back together before passing to the radiator then pump and back to the RBX... Or should I try to get one continuous loop?

I'm wanting as silent a system as possible... are fans gonna be absolutely necessary for the Radiator?

Thanks for reading my watercooling virgin brainstorming :-)

Oh, forgot to say I have a couple Black Anodized Aluminum fillports, one for filling to go in the top of the tank and another to drain from the bottom... just because I can...

I also have 8 extra t-lines that are for sale as soon as they get here from my for sale thread...

I haven't actually seen the 355 in action with petras top, but it may still be marginal for the loop. Not the pump I would use for that many blocks. Overkill is always better with a loop.

I would "Y" the outlets from the RBX back into one before going to another component. Water will take the path of least resistance just like electricity and will rob flow from your vid cards.

Fans will be a requirement with that many blocks in the loop. Best option is to find a couple of decent flow fans and use a controller or wire them for 5 or 7 volts.

I'd strongly recommend the D5 pump; it can provide up to 1200LPH and is very quiet.

You should most certainly Y the outlets of the RBX back together before running lines to anything else.

One word of caution; you may find that the 240mm RAD isn't big enough for your cooling loop; depending on how much you OC.

What about an MCP650? it's rated at 1200LPH and I have one of those on the way too...

I will definitely combine the outputs from the RBX before anything else... and use fans on a rheobus...

Not aiming for a huge overclock... lower temps and no noise is more important right now... I'll stick a 360mm rad on if I plan on it later... thanks guys

The 650 and 655 are pretty much identical build wise. The 655 is a little quieter, has an adjustable speed built in, and the fittings are molded into the housing instead of being seperate like the 650.

I water cool my system minus the chipset and I sleep 4 feet away from my rig. With the radiator fans (M1A's) running at half speed the loudest part of my rig is the hard drives and they all have silencer kits. It's as close to silent as you can get and I still have plenty of cooling for my overclocks with alot of voltage to the CPU and voltmodded vid card..

If you can't make up your mind on what pump to use, heres a thread containing tests on various pumps, including DDC+, DDC+ w/ different tops, D5, and the AqX 50z. There are also test on each pump with a high restiction loop and an average restriction loop.

That's an awefully nice USPS sponsored rig he's got there, lol Now I know what to do with all these USPS boxes I have lying around...

Thanks for the link though, useful bit of info!

Based on those results, I'm going to test the MCP355 first and see how it goes, If I have to switch them out I'll do so... Or maybe I'll run two loops with two pumps, one cooling CPU and Chipset and one cooling the 7900GTXs...