Sign in to follow this  
XIII

Can't install Audigy or X-FI anymore, BSOD-ha20x2k.sys!!

This is so weird! I had my X-FI installed om my DFI board and everything was fine. My friend wanted to try the X-FI card on his MSI board and that worked fine too. When I put it back in my computer it installed but I got stutter in COH, otherwise fine. I tried the other PCI slot (lower) and suddenly I had no Picture at all! Oh, well back to the upper slot that always worked great.

Suddenly the drivers are gone and when I try to reinstall I get a BSOD with the ha20x2k.sys error message during the installation process.

Put the card back in my friends MSI board and get similiar issues.

Thinking it's the card that is busted I popped my old trusted Audigy in and have the same issues(or smiliar) on both boards!!

I tried everything: Fresh Windows install (and installed X-FI drivers first)

Reflashed the BIOS (tried 2)

Minimum parts outside the case

Different BIOS settings

RAM modules indifferent slots (and memtest)

Different PS

My old 6600Gt card

This is SO strange. Is there a memory on the soundcards that can get corrupted? Can the soundcards corrupt BIOS so even a reflash won't help?

2 Creative cards that suddenly doesn't work on 2 different Motherboards?

It totally doesn't make any sense.:confused:

Any idea's guys?

Thanks.

You may have damaged the card with static electricity during your handling of it. If so, it could do damage to other parts JUST possibly. I would return it if you can, but Creative's warranty service is pathetic, so good luck.

Wow, haven't been here in a while... DFI-Street is gone huh? :(

Well, anyways, I have an XFI Fataility and I am having the same problem. Playing BF2142 for a while and it will make random noises, screech, etc. Framerates drop. Sometimes it gets a bit better or clears up completely. Other times it crashes with a BSOD that blames the ha20x2k.sys file.

Wow, haven't been here in a while... DFI-Street is gone huh? :(

Well, anyways, I have an XFI Fataility and I am having the same problem. Playing BF2142 for a while and it will make random noises, screech, etc. Framerates drop. Sometimes it gets a bit better or clears up completely. Other times it crashes with a BSOD that blames the ha20x2k.sys file.

It won't even let me install the driver before BSOD, this sucks.

Onboard sound is ok but when you're used to X-FI.........!

My X-FI did that too, I really dunno what I did to fix it, it just worked again.

Lucky you!!

My X-FI and Adigy used to work but now they are having similiar problems on TWO! motherboards!!

Heh heh, I just got site banned from the Creative forums for telling the truth about the company. I said that we should all vote with our wallets and not buy from that company again because they refuse to make good drivers and refuse to communicate with us, so the bung holes site banned me.

Whatever everyone here does, boycott Creative. I mean seriously, only 1 month of tech support on products? Did you guys know that they REFUSED to honor a warranty with me??? Yes, I bought a USB sound card last Christmas and they refused to honor the warranty on it. Creative is crap. It is time for all of us to move on to a company that will treat us like human beings.

"Yes, I bought a USB sound card last Christmas and they refused to honor the warranty on it."

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

interesting, what is the whole story, why did they refuse to honor the warranty????

curious........

Heh heh, I just got site banned from the Creative forums for telling the truth about the company. I said that we should all vote with our wallets and not buy from that company again because they refuse to make good drivers and refuse to communicate with us, so the bung holes site banned me.

Whatever everyone here does, boycott Creative. I mean seriously, only 1 month of tech support on products? Did you guys know that they REFUSED to honor a warranty with me??? Yes, I bought a USB sound card last Christmas and they refused to honor the warranty on it. Creative is crap. It is time for all of us to move on to a company that will treat us like human beings.

Agree!! Let's start a massive Anti-Creative campaign, heh heh!!!

I'm just fed up with this "bullcrap"!:nod:

Any recommendations to other soundcards? Auzentech?:confused:

I need it mostly for gaming and music.

I've used my X-Fi on XP and Vista, with the latest drivers from their site and the card and drivers are fine. I would try driver cleaner, or a clean install before starting a mutiny. Don't forget to lower your overclock just to rule it out.

I noticed 2 of you have Seasonic PSUs, 1 has a skyhawk (?) and the other 2 don't even list their PSUs in their sig, as if they're ashamed of it.

Think first, act later.

I've used my X-Fi on XP and Vista, with the latest drivers from their site and the card and drivers are fine. I would try driver cleaner, or a clean install before starting a mutiny. Don't forget to lower your overclock just to rule it out.

I noticed 2 of you have Seasonic PSUs, 1 has a skyhawk (?) and the other 2 don't even list their PSUs in their sig, as if they're ashamed of it.

Think first, act later.

As for me, I DID try clean installs (as I mentioned before) and driver cleaner.

Board has gone through all thinkable settings including Opt.default

What's wrong with Seasonics PSU's? It's worked great for me so far.

I tried another PSU (as I also mentioned before).

Just read the Creative forums and see how many people that have the same problem, SHOCKING!!

Thanks for your input though:)

Yeah, seriously, what is wrong with Seasonic, they make good supplies? What other faults are you gonna find in us? Is this put down time?

Anyways, I had a USB card that no matter what media I tried to play with it, the media skipped through like a flat stone over a lake, a 5 minute song would jump through in like 5 seconds.

The two times I talked to tech support they told me there was nothing they could and nothing they would do, and that I should just go and buy some other product of theirs. They implied that it was my fault for trying to use a USB sound card on a desktop computer!!! They literally tried to tell me to next go buy something else!!!

If you guys go over to the Creative forums you will see so many angry posts it isn't funny, it is unbelievable. And keep in mind guys: They site ban LOTS of people. As soon as you speak a word against them they ban your IP and post an insulting IP ban page. They accused me of trying to start a conspiracy theory because I said it is obvious the management doesn't care about their customers. Jeesh! Creative Labs is the crappiest computer part company in the world.