Sign in to follow this  
Mega Man Expert

BIOS Boot up problems/ C1 loop problem fixed

Ok, let me explain my problem in a detailed way.

I set my MoBo up from out of the box and it ran like a charm (I fixed the C1 loop bug, more on that later.) and found out that I was shipped a new BIOS (yellow dot on chip, then a red one) and found that they fixed a lot of problems with the BIOS (freezing at the slave slot fixed) and so I set my time correctly and set my ram to 2.0 volts. Booted up my computer got into windows and was happy.

Then I noticed some thing strange, the computers time was off an hour or two even though I had power running in over night. So I checked my BIOS time and noticed it was of horribly, a sign I noticed when my computer was about to kick the bucket. I fixed the time and wondered how the time was changed since I never touched it.

After a while I noticed the computer started to hang up or restart after playing or use over a 3-5 hour length of time. I tried to find help here without posting on how to solve restarts like this but this is not my HUGE problem.

Then 5 days ago from this post I got user35.dll (can not remember what dll exactly) problem and I got worried. I ran 3 different up to date Anti-Virus and Anti-spywear programs and I found nothing. So lived with the error for awhile.

Then today of this post I had my MoBO killer problem happen... I booted my computer from the case button it started up, and then shut off. I hit the button again and it started up. Then shut down after 5 seconds. I watched the Debug LED and it got as far as the C1 and testing of all the CD drives and such.

I disconnected every thing except for RAM and Video card. Same thing with the start up and shut off. Removed every thing including the CPU so it was just a bare board, same thing power on for 5 then down. I reattached the CPU and the same thing, power on for 5 then down.

As for my C1 Loop problem...

==========================================================

I did some research on my RAM and found it runs at 2.0 volts. The MoBo BIOS stock RAM volts is 1.XX something. I had to buy a low volt RAM to get in BIOS and change Volt settings to 2.0 volts. I hear we are to use 2.1 volts, which is the 2.2 volt setting (Typo?).

So, for C1 loops try a low volt RAM to solve.

I just finished a LONG CMOS clear for 24 hours and + mins and still powering up and shuting down after 5 seconds.

Also I had to get some files from my hard drive with the help of my friend and I noticed that when I was in the shut down menu that my supend mode was grayed out.

Could my my BIOS be in a perma-hybernate?

With everything off and its still powering off by itself have you tried a different power supply?

How about with the long CMOS reset did you pull out the CMOS battery?

Also just wondering, what bios date was shipped with the "yellow" dot CMOS chip?

With everything off and its still powering off by itself have you tried a different power supply?

How about with the long CMOS reset did you pull out the CMOS battery?

Also just wondering, what bios date was shipped with the "yellow" dot CMOS chip?

I tired a 600 watt Power supply and I did a long CMOS Clear/Reset without the battery and no power what so ever to the Motherboard. Problem is still happening.

As for the BIOS date... I never realy looked untill my computer died. Is there a way to check the BIOS date without having to go into BIOS to check?