100% Fan Speed

mentul

I was toying around w/ my new Zalman 9700 and tried to set it to 100% all the time through the BIOS but didn't see any clear way to do it. Closest I could come to that is if I set it to go on full if the temp is over 25C. If I could set it to 100% speed at all times, I know my cpu could get cooler, thus opening the doors wider for OCing. Any suggestions?

I was toying around w/ my new Zalman 9700 and tried to set it to 100% all the time through the BIOS but didn't see any clear way to do it. Closest I could come to that is if I set it to go on full if the temp is over 25C. If I could set it to 100% speed at all times, I know my cpu could get cooler, thus opening the doors wider for OCing. Any suggestions?

Use Smartguardian & adjust the full CPU fan speed temp slider to a temp on or under the actual CPU temp & it will run 100%.

That is provided you are powering the fan from the 3 pin CPU socket on the mobo.

Guest r3d c0m3t
Use Smartguardian & adjust the full CPU fan speed temp slider to a temp on or under the actual CPU temp & it will run 100%.

That is provided you are powering the fan from the 3 pin CPU socket on the mobo.

Or...you can get a fan controller, particularly in your case the Zalman FanMate since it's really easy to use. It'll save you all the clicking and scrolling you might have to do. :)

Granted using ITE is free, but using a fan controller gives you easier access to all of your fans if you should so choose to route them through the controller.