CPU offloading: NICs

So guys, I use torrent clients, and they are evidently not compatible with the nvidia firewall with my motherboard, but I still wish to have CPU offloading, so my question is:

If I install all the drivers off the disk (or the updates) EXCEPT the option to install the firewall, will I still see CPU offloading?

Thanks.

If it gave you the option to offload with the NV firewall installed......it should still have that option with the NV firewall not installed. It should be a part of the actually NIC driver. It should list that option in the device manager under the NIC properties.

Do not install the nVidia firewall. Full stop. Do a search on here and you'll see what i'm talking about: ie. It is rubbish and damages packets, etc, your downloads will constantly be corrupted.

If you have installed it - get rid ASAP.

nVidia's documentation (NetGuide.pdf) says:

When the ActiveArmor Firewall is turned off (that is, when the selected security

profile is the Off profile), ActiveArmor is also turned off. However, provided

that no other firewall is active on the machine—which should only be

considered on isolated networks with highly trusted neighbor machines!—it is

possible to use ActiveArmor independently of the ActiveArmor Firewall to

accelerate TCP/IP traffic.

So, to use the hardware acceleration without the firewall you need to have the firewall installed but turned off. Then go to http://localhost:3476/cgi-bin/ncgir.exe?menu/index.html

and set Secure Network Engine to enabled. On the connection table you should see Connection Handled by 'Hardware'.

You must use the 6.86 nVidia drivers as all the earlier versions cause data corruption. The nVidia firewall and hardware acceleration works faultlessly for me - but I don't use torrent clients. Many firewalls can only keep track of a limited number of connections, and torrent clients can excede this limit.

nVidia's documentation (NetGuide.pdf) says:

So, to use the hardware acceleration without the firewall you need to have the firewall installed but turned off. Then go to http://localhost:3476/cgi-bin/ncgir.exe?menu/index.html

and set Secure Network Engine to enabled. On the connection table you should see Connection Handled by 'Hardware'.

You must use the 6.86 nVidia drivers as all the earlier versions cause data corruption. The nVidia firewall and hardware acceleration works faultlessly for me - but I don't use torrent clients. Many firewalls can only keep track of a limited number of connections, and torrent clients can excede this limit.

I don't see that driver listed on their site:

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/driv..._FLAG=A&SITE=NA

Which driver should I use?

I also don't see where the option to enable secure network engine is...