Friend's Video Game Forum

Hey all. My friend just launched his website/forum which is Halo themed, but open to all video game/general discussions. It is a really nice site and I told him I would give a plug. Check it out and join if you'd like. Thanks all!!!

http://thisisspartan117.com/

The layout is pretty good site looks very interesting I'll have to check it out a little more.

I do agree with AG whats up with the site name? Kinda hard to remember the 117.

yeah...if your friend really wants this site to take off, i recommend changing the name to something that is more relative to the topic, and numberless lol. Other than that it seams like a good site.

Angry,

Hey man, I just got a PM from Techno. He said I shoulda asked you first to post this topic. I didn't even think about it. I meant no harm by it. Go ahead and delete this thread if you see it to be in competition (but it's definately not). I just wanted a little feedback is all. Next time I'll ask :)

Anyways...yeah, the name could use some work, but not bad for a first forum site. Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!!!

im not upset that you posted it. we've never been cruel about linking to other sites or forums.

as for the URL/domain name...it might be cool for Halo dorks, but for normal people, its simply too much to remember. You need a URL that flows, and sparky117halo300spartans.com is not really all that...flowing...

;)

just a suggestion. Buy a new domain that has some flow, and then use the current one to redirect to it

to Halo Fan Boys, it's no problem to remember

ya, but do you want ONLY halo fanboys to visit the site? if so, thats cool. If you want a large spread of audience, a URL that is easy and flows is the way to go