Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Video Test #4

I have two servers and my desktop with the fastest internet connection available to me that I will help seed the videos. I also have a virtual private server at midphase that has unmetered bandwith, if i can figure out a way to host them there I will too.

sweet! this might work out real well if I can just stick with it long enough instead of getting disinterested quickly like I do in just about every project that I start =(

so what is the goal of this plan going to be? Is it going to be like a network of review movies?

EDIT: aaah, should have read the guitar hero thread before i posted haha.

The vid looks pretty good - i can see the resemblance between this game & 'Boiling Point - road to hell'.

Like Dr_Bowtie, i had dramas getting it to play for me; WMP - no go, MP Classic - no go, VLC - bingo!

I think i'll pick up this game within the next week, now that an update patch has been released.

This type of review format beats reading about a game(or other product) hands down.

This type of review format beats reading about a game(or other product) hands down.

heh, exactly why I am starting to fool with this heavily. I don't mind reading about a game, but if I can download a vid that has excellent quality and see the game in action...2-3 minutes of video can do more for me than 100,000 words of description (now if I can just get about 7 minutes of edited into about a 9-10 minute "review" *me narrating over the top in areas*, and keep it under 200MB...my goal has been met).

I've got 4 different machines running the game and trying to find the best...resolution/framerate combo...experimenting with a lot of different capture settings (1024x768 @ 60fps? 1280x1024 @ 29.97fps? 512x384 @ 60fps & 30fps?)