Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Trauma

Nuked my DFI-SLI-DR Rev.ao2

Sitting here racing GTR2 the other night, when all of a sudden my APC 1500 backup went into overload mode. Which shut down my entire rig. I then hit the reset on it and got a lovely flash, a pop sound, and a slight whiff of carbon from inside my tower. Had my enermax 600 noisetaker tested, and its fried. Fairly sure thats where the flash came from.

So I bought a new ocz700 gameXtreme and hooked it up yesterday in hopes of making my last league race for the championship (which I missed last night damnit). Apparently its at least fried my motherboard too. All I'm getting with the new psu is two yellow lights on the mobo. Think one used to be green when it was working right. No split second psu fan spin up on power cord plugin and obviosly no pre-post beeps or anything.

Would just like to replace the 939 DR board for now, until I can afford to build the next rig. Does anyone have one they would like to let go for a good price. I'm pretty broke right now from a small disaster I had a month ago. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Long time fan of DFI, and frankly would'nt want anything else.

Thank you, Tom

Guys, thank you. Had my new psu checked out today and the tester said the 5v rail was dead. Tested a different psu and the mobo and fans kicked on.

But I didnt have enough time to let the guy hook it all up and get to windows. So, I just took that new psu back to Fry's and exchanged it. Will have to slip back by my pc buddies house in the morning and let him test the new one and hook it all up while I go to work. I will have an answer on if I need to buy one of your boards by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for replying, and will be in touch.

T.T.

All new speced psu's will give you an error for the -5v rail when hooked up to a tester. Assuming this was the one you were taking about.

Hey, Hey, IT'S ALIVE!!! Wouldnt you know it, the new OCZ power supply was bad. Took it back to Fry's last night, and just got off work today and installed a new OCZ gamextreme 850 watt psu. I have in one of my 5 1/2" bays a Digital Doc which monitors, and controls all my fans, fan speeds and all my voltages. Thought I noticed my 12v rail was getting down into the 11 to 11.5 volt range there for a while on my old Enermax. The OCZ is at 12.5 and steady even when I kick all the fans on. So maybe that was the rail that let go the other night. But anyway, it looks like I didnt hurt anything else. Only been up for an hour so still have my fingers crossed.

you dont need a PSU tester next time FYI

just get yourself a DMM. and just ground your black pin, and poke all the others with the red.

even if you dont know which wire is which. you should get to see at least 12v 5v and 3.3v

Sign in to follow this