Any bikers?

momoceio

Those were always nice bikes... they were all the rave when they came out....4 cylinders and 4 pipes... they just look bad butt and run pretty descent too...

Enjoy the ride.

I havent had time to ride mine much this year except for a few jaunts around town and the annual Abate ride for Jerry's kids..

which I did have a little fun this year as I pulled the baffle out of my header muffler and put on a flame show for the kids...

Got some pretty good flame winding it out in gear then letting it drop on its own...still running a tad bit fat on the jets so thats my next thing...to get this thing dialed in right...bike jetting is much more sofisticated than a car...

still trying to find a place to do some full throttle passes to get the main jet dialed in so I can work down from there to the pilot jet...should be fun and time consuming..

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only thing i'll do to it is put a VTX headlight on it. It already has the VTX rear shocks and he said he replaced the fronts too or the struts or something but I don't remember what he said with what.

lol I didn't. I did somehow manage to get slightly sunburned though. Which is kinda wierd considering I just spent four months in the desert and didn't get burnt at all:confused:

Ha...I always seem to get burnt when I go riding. Last time I had long sleeves and gloves on and was burnt between the gloves and the end of my sleeves...about a 2" strip of burnt skin. lol

Thats a kick butt bike btw...looks like something you'd see still made today.

• 1 month later...

Hey Momoceio

I bought my 1100 Vstar about the same time your got yours:)

I found a brand new 2005 at local dealer, since then I've added Cobra pipes, Chubby POD kit, SS Custom Needles, removed the AIS, lowered my rear suspension 2 1/2"

Yep! it's OCed I got about another 20+ HP

Thinking all the stuff I added or removed, too much to list, Poo! Another money pit project

IMG_0574.jpg

Yea, it definatly is another money pit. I went to a swap meet down here last weekend and got a set of throw over bags for $65, over half off, and then got a seat off eBay for $60. I want new pipes, crash bar, and more lights for mine... That's before Ocing it. :rolleyes: :cool:

I'm only customizing it to make it more efficient and safe. I mainly use it to get to work. The bags make it so I don't have to wear a backpack, lights so I can be seen, and a seat for my a$$. The stock seat sucks. After about 25 I want to stop and get off the bike. It is a 31 mile trip to work. :rolleyes: I want to get louder pipes, and I keep saying it is to be heard easier so people will quit merging into my lane. I say if they can't see me maybe they'll hear me, but it is also the fact that these stock pipes limit the Harley sound IMO... :D