Sign in to follow this  
stylus pilot

580 Type-R - Voltage Increase After Standby!?

Hi guys noticed my temps were up about 6-7 degrees with no increase in ambient temps and no settings change, just running folding as normal....

Noticed in Smart Guardian that all the voltage readings were slightly over their rated figures eg. 3.43v on the +3.3v reading, +5v, +3v and +1.5v, Ram, NB, LDT, ALL UP, as well as the CPU reading 1.36v (normally reads 1.32v at '1.35' in BIOS, or 'Auto')

All readings were a couple of tenths of a volt over what they normally read.... and I realised that going into standby and waking it back up (which i never normally use) had caused all the voltages to increase... they return to their usual readings after a reboot... - can someone explain this??

Also, I am generally concerned about the PSU +12 output normally being 11.83v (according to Smart Guardian) when it is clearly capable of continuously outputting 12.09v (although apparently only after standby) - I do aim to test the PSU with a multimeter within the next couple of weeks when i get access to one, but should i be concerned? The PSU is still under 6 months old so I can return it easily if it's not right.

I'm going to be watercooling soon and aiming for the max overclock of this well respected stepping, so I want to be confident I've got the right power to do the job, any insight into the voltage increase after standby and also the general output of the PSU would be much appreciated...

I do aim to test the PSU with a multimeter within the next couple of weeks when i get access to one, but should i be concerned?
Test with a DMM as soon as possible, but I wouldn't be too concerened.