I need advices..

david77

Hello there,

I have built a system with the following components…

………………………………………………………………………

Mainboard – DFI LANPartyUT nF4 SLI-DR Expert

Processor – AMD FX57 (2800+)

Video – GeForce 8800GTS (from PNY)

Audio – Creative Sound Blaster Xfi

HDD – Western Digital Raptor 150Gb, SATA 10.000 r/min

RAM – 2 x 1 GB (Crucial Ballistics PC 4000)

Power supply – 700 W (from OCZ)

OS – Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

………………………………………………………………………

Now Houston-of course- I have a problem… In fact more than one…

The main problems are:

1) The system works just fine, shuts down correctly… But it doesn’t start anymore… To start the system I have to shut down the power (unplug the power supply or put off the switch of the power supply) for something like 5-10 seconds… After that the system starts correctly and works perfectly…

2) The IDE cables from the main board to the DVD-s should be lit… They are not…

3) The system doesn’t start from the USB mouse, USB keyboard... I had put the jumpers on the main board and set the bios for that but nothing…

……………………………………………………………………….

I already flashed the BIOS, still the same… It’s for sure a power problem… Power management stuff… I tried almost everything I could think of… Still no result yet… If I cancel the ACPI setting from BIOS, the system crashes as soon as it enters windows… And it continues to crash continuously just before entering Windows…

If you could gave me a hint of what may be the problem in my case… I will appreciate your help very much… I studied the main board book and I tried everything…..

The most interesting thing… The system works just fine once it starts… I installed “Rainbow Six Vegas” and I’m near the end of the game… Works beautifully… In fact I am surprised, everything is going fine… Except this little problem when I start the system after it was stopped…

Sometimes the system starts normally! I press the power button and the system works fine! And after that, maybe again the same problem appears…

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter,

David