Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jack Stand_merged

Fan Controller advice sought

Guest Jack Stand

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at your suggestion.

My case is black and I would like to keep the faceplates the same...I thought that the 18watts per channel on my choice would be enough for my fans...yes? Also this is only a gaming pc so the fans will be on full all the time...I don't ever hear them over the roar of the game..LOL

thanks again.

I concur, get the SUNBEAM RHK-SA 5.25 4 CHANNEL RHEOBUS. It comes in black.

I have two.

jack sand.

which silverstone fans hav u got the black or white, as they use different fan plugs. ive got 3x of the white ones & 1x black, the white's are the better of the two. better being fans & plugs. the black fans plugs are a bit odd.

so check & double check the controlers plugs will work with ure preticular fans.

I have the Sunbeam and I recommend it. It's very high quality construction, uses MOSFETs to regulate voltage, and has four very bright LEDs which change color at 7V.

18 Watts is enough for just about any single fan, though. Even my 120mm fans are only around 5W. Unless you want more than one fan on a single channel (which you might), the 18W will still work.

I like Sunbeam's Theta Software fan controller... and you wouldn't have to worry about matching faceplates... and by the way, it doesn't HAVE to take up a PCI slot, it actually can be mounted anywhere in your case, as long as you can run a USB cable and a 4 pin molex to it. Comes with Temp sensors that can be used to automatically adjust fan speed... hmmm... and controls up to 8 fans or lights...

The software is skinnable but I can't find any skins that people have made... I might have to get around to making one for my Touchscreen LCD that's going in my new case :-)

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at your suggestion.

My case is black and I would like to keep the faceplates the same...I thought that the 18watts per channel on my choice would be enough for my fans...yes? Also this is only a gaming pc so the fans will be on full all the time...I don't ever hear them over the roar of the game..LOL

thanks again.

Why get a fan controller if your fans are always going to be at full blast? :rolleyes:

Doesnt make sense to me. :confused:

i actually have the vantec that you pointed to first.

but it was my 2nd choice behind the sunbeam. i couldnt get the sunbeam bc my pump is in the way of any and all 5.25 bays.

2.From what I've read here.. it is not so good to run the fans off the mobo - if given a choice use a controller. So its more a matter to help the long term life of the mobo.

If you're running them off the board, then they're three-pins. ;)

Although the unit does actually come with two adapters. If you had four fans with four-pin connectors on each, you could also pair them and use the adapters on two channels.