Thermaltake Big Water SE 120mm

Bubbaxm2

Ok guys I am looking to make the move to water cooling and was wondering if the Thermaltake Big Water SE 120mm was worth it. I am looking to try and take my 5200 to 3.5 if possible and am going to need some more cooling once I start hitting the voltage. Most of the other setups on the egg in the 100 -250 dollar range are all sold out as well as most of the decent components to make my own. I am at just over 3ghz right now at 1.375 volts, stable and running at 32 c idle and top out around 46 c loaded. If the Big water is junk do you guys have any suggestions?

I would piece together my own stuff if i were you. Basically just get some tubing, waterblock(s), radiator, pump, and reservoir/T-line. I'm happy with my Apogee...but they have a newer Apogee GT out now though. And I also recently bought a BIX3 rad that I have yet to install. I'm sure someone more knowlegeble will chime in with a good list of suggestions that is current.

Edit: I think your 600w PSU would be fine. My 550w psu was able to run my WC loop + OCed 7950GX2 + opty170 @2.9 + 4 HD's just fine.

Instead of the Swiftech kit you can get This. It's a bit cheaper and includes good quality parts. The only main difference is that the Petra's kit comes with a T-line instead of a res.

Or you can get this kit for the same price of the Swiftech kit but with a smaller, more powerfull, and less power hungry pump, and a better waterblock. What ever kit you get, make sure to pick up some biocide to prevent algae growth, found here.

Usually I would say no to any kit but Petra's kits use some of the best water cooling parts out there.

If you want to piece together your own loop go to Xtreme Systems to read up on water cooling. They have a plethora of water cooling info.

Most definitely stick with a custom setup or a kit from www.petreastechshop.com

Any of the Black Ice radiators would be a solid choice and so is the LIANG D5 pump. I personally prefer the Swiftech (Storm or Apogee) CPU blocks over the DangerDen TDX. For your 7950GT you might consider a full-cover GPU block (good deals @ www.ekwaterblocks.com) or the Swiftech MCW-60.

I went with the Swiftech H20-220-APEX-GT. Also ordered a thermaltake armor full tower, ocz game extreme 700 watt ps and some ocz ddr2 1100 while I was at it...should be fun the next few weeks...