Sign in to follow this  
Daddyjaxx

975 X/G Always Losing Time/Date Now checksum error

For the past few months, occasionally, when I boot, the RTC sets the date back to 12/31/2002. It doesn't happen everytime or often, but it is a pain to have to reboot and set the clock and date. With Vista, no matter what time i set in the BIOS, it always sets it one hour ahead in Windows. Stupid new DST.

Now today when I booted for the first time, I got a BIOS checksum error and had to reset everything. I never have any problems when the system is up and running, only when I start it.

One would think if the RTC battery ws going kaput, it would happen all of the time, but it doesn't. It can go a day, week, or month before I have to fix the date/time.

Suggestions?

annoying problem, hav u tryed the clearing cmos trick. not the normal 4sec clear, but the method where u need to change another pin over, sound or sumthing. it drains all the power out the caps, seems a good method.

im sure it was on the dfi-club site, if not it will be on this forum. hav a look around.