Sign in to follow this  
gudodayn

Vista Ultimate 32 Wont Recognize My Raid-0 Array

I've recently installed Vista Ultimate 32 on an old 80GB drive of my to test things out.

I downloaded and install Nvidia V.15 Vista drivers.

Once re-booted into Vista, I was not able to locate my Raid-0 array.

I am sure the Raid-0 array is up and running because that's where I have my XP pro installed (not dual booting, OSs are switched by changing HD boot order in BIOS) and that's running flawlessly.

Vista does see my 2 x 160GB drives but just not in Raid-0 configuration.

Are there other step(s) that I am suppose to take to get Vista to see existing Raid drives?

Thanks in advance

I think even though the 15.00 nvidia drivers are installed for Vista, the RAID driver still is not set up properly. I had to manually install this drivers through the device manager.

Although I use the older 5.10.2600 XP drivers, installing the Nvidia SW IDE driver option made my array visible.

I think even though the 15.00 nvidia drivers are installed for Vista, the RAID driver still is not set up properly. I had to manually install this drivers through the device manager.

I tried manually installing the drivers but it told me that the best or the most suited drivers are already installed for this device. I noticed that it was the Nvidia V.15 drivers anyway!!

Although I use the older 5.10.2600 XP drivers, installing the Nvidia SW IDE driver option made my array visible.

I read somewhere that people are using XP drivers for the sound card and it worked as well. In your case, you used the XP IDE/SATA drivers and made it work!!......Interesting~I'll give that a go tonight!!

Thanks

Bump.

Same problem here. Perhaps someone who had sucess in installing vista on their raid 0 setup could whip up a quick step-by-step?

Dont know whether this guide i found works for u guys... Havent try it... Just found it...

Guide on how to install Raid.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/1-vt66299....er=asc&&start=0

Tried those 9.67 drivers, still didnt work!

Whats happening is that I've already installed Vista on another IDE drive (non-Raid) and I have a pair of Raid-0 drives that Vista cant identify!

I am not trying to do a fresh install, that Raid installation process is somewhat similar to the XP one (-the press "F6" process).