Ultra Chill Tech CPU cooler.

trickson

Ok after getting this HSF Tech cooler I set out to install it .

Installation was fast and not all that complicated total time just under 30 min .

After some testing I feel the need to share my results . ( I plan to do a more extensive test this weekend .)

currently I am feeding the CPU 1.48 volts I have the CPU @ 3.30 GHz I am Idling at 22c -23c

Running orthos ( to get both CORES at 100% ) the CPU reaches a temp of 35c - 37c .

Ok running @ an idle the fan speeds up and slows down like most every one has stated ( some what of an annoyance if you don't like this sorta thing .) once at full RPM not noticeable at all .

All in all this is THE BEST HSF ever made ! Yes I would have to say even better than some water cooling setup's .

Why is it the best ?

#1 not a hard install at all .

#2 cools CPU better than any conventional HSF I have ever had .

#3 no mess no nonsense . water cooling is a big worrie all the time is the pump going to go out ? will it leak ? hope I don't spill water when I fill the unit ..

#4 if the peltier fails you still have cooling with the heat pipes and that is good as well .

#5 cost for the price the cheapest water cooling rig could not do what this HSF can at the same price !

#6 Looks . this is a real looker sleek and sexy !

Over all this is a must buy if you are a heavy OC'er and gamer as I am .

a must have for any one seeking a better alternative to the conventional HSF and water cooling just a great thing to have .

currently I am feeding the CPU 1.48 volts I have the CPU @ 3.30 GHz I am Idling at 22c -23c

Running orthos ( to get both CORES at 100% ) the CPU reaches a temp of 35c - 37c .

…very impressive.

The TEC cooler seems to be doing better job than my Vigor Monsoon II…

This is what I wrote in this Jan.: “…The temperature at idle: 24 – 26 °C with the 6 CPU multiplier & 1.13 – 1.14 vCore. 29 – 31 °C with the 11 CPU multiplier & 1.28 – 1.29 vCore…”

And now: the temperature at idle: 28 – 30 °C with the 6 CPU multiplier & 1.13 – 1.14 vCore. 32 – 35 °C with the 11 CPU multiplier & 1.28 – 1.29 vCore…

(Is this because of the difference in ambient temperatures between January and March?)

A question: is the temperature shown in the display same or close to the temperature reading from CPU heatspreader by the system monitor apps. (such as NVMonitor or Everest)?

Am also wanting for more of your results. I ordered the GeminII a couple of weeks ago but dangit, its still a no show on my door. I want to cool this 3.6/1.47 C2D, been wanting to go air all out again. But everytime I see a TEC cooler, I want it more and more.

Nice temps seems like a very good cooler I'm going to look into it now. Overclock that CPU some more push it to the limit :D

When I saw this review of Ultra ChillTec ("Ultra Products ChillTec Thermo Electric CPU Cooler" Review @ OverClock Intelligence Agency), I thought that I should have waited for the ChilliTec so I did not have to ‘modify’ the fan on Vigot Monsoon II when installing it on the EVGA 680i mainboard with the ‘taller’ memory module (such as ‘TWIN2X2048-8500C5D’) installed in the slot #0…

tec02iy0.th.jpg

…maybe I should try ChilliTec…

WOW , Seems to me that this forum (or the group of people here ) are more open minded over at a different forum all they are saying is the ultra 120 is better and why did you spend so much for a HSF that is not all that good?

I am glad to hear people are more open minded and willing to accept my cooler .

I really like this HSF best ever ! thank you all for being like minded .

I could see if this thing was not doing a good job but it is and that is a fact .