The upgrade debate continues

powsmowl

I've built about 20 rigs with the DFI Infinity 975X/G and can tell you they are solid as a rock. I only apply a mild overclock before they leave the shop but a few customers have brought them back with excellent overclocks just to show off. lol

You won't pin me down with exact numbers because every piece of hardware is different and no two will perform alike.

I've also put together some ASUS, Abit, MSI, ECS, EVGA and Gigabyte rigs on request. Honestly, I haven't had any show-stopper issues with any of them. Right now the highest OC reported back to me is with an EVGA nVidia 680i board with OCZ RAM and an E6600 so go figure.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id just stick with what you have. and get a newer video card

if your only gonna game. i mean. money is better spent on gfx, HDDs for raid

and memory.

no need to buy a completely new system .. just to play that 1 game for the time being.

id just stick with what you have. and get a newer video card

if your only gonna game. i mean. money is better spent on gfx, HDDs for raid

and memory.

no need to buy a completely new system .. just to play that 1 game for the time being.

im planing to just get new RAM/CPU and Mainboard, than upgrade to an r600 when i really need it

Heres what ive been thinking:

Asus Commando (friend got one new, but doesnt want it for some reason -> id get it unopened for 130€ which is only slightly more expensive than a DS3)

Ram has yet to be decided

CPU E6600 or if they come out in time an E6440

what do you guys think?