The upgrade debate continues

powsmowl

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying Gigabyte is a bad company, I am just expressing my own experience with the DS3, others have had good experience with it.

In general since I have worked with PC builds, Asus has never let me down and I have owned more of their boards than any other manufacturer.

My all time favorite board was a DFI model. to each his own. :)

And I agree with Raider, AM2 is just not worth it if you already are using 939.

hmm im thinking about waiting for the new intel cpus (E6440?) anybody know a release date`?

also as a mobo im thinking about going with the Asus P5W DH Deluxe with the 975X chipset, after all the reviews ive read this board came out best for what im looking for (oc/gaming)

Gigabyte DS3 lacks in quality compared to Asus, solid caps or not.

I get 3.8 GHz with no segmentation faults for over nine hours in linux running mencoder with a ds3, and an e6400.

Where exactly do they lack quality?

The same issues I've had with the DS3 are issues I've had with any board that has the stupid multi-BIOS feature.

If you want to pay $50 extra for a motherboard with better RAID, do it right and get a real RAID card.

The NB heatink on my asus p5w dh was equally inadequate as the ds3's. Again, with the $50 difference, buy a thermalright hr05 and a good RAID card.

But you see my friend, All I can go on is my own personal experience.

And that experience was bad with Gigabyte. My board would act up after every cold boot even at stock settings. I can care less what overclock you get with Gigabyte boards. I did get the thing to work obviously, but I didn't like it. In my opinion Asus has better overall quality than Gigabyte. My opinions are always based on my own results, just as yours and others are.

Money is not an issue for me, but if you are interested I bought this Asus open box for about $7 more than that Gigabyte and set-up was a breeze, my temps are lower , RAID performance is better, and I like the heat-pipe NB cooling design Asus has.