Sign in to follow this  
expresso

Vista 32 SATA Drivers - Nvidia ?

Hi - i installed the latest nvidia drivers for vista 32 bit

but when i checked device manager - to see if my HD's are running Sata - it shows Standard PCI IDE Controllers -

does that mean my HD's are not running Sata speeds ?

on the nvidia site - it shows IDE Sata drivers as part of the package - how can i tell for sure how my Drives are running and if they are running in IDE mode - how can i get them to run Sata ? thanks - all my HD's are Sata and both my DVD's are now Sata - - also - the nvidia audio codec dosnt work yet with vista - even though windows update shows it as a update - it crashes windows - i been using AC97 Real - and working fine - no problems - in case you have problems with your audio driver -

thanks

It should kind of look like the picture below. If you go to the properties tab under sata controller, there should be a primary and secondary sata. It should say something about sata 150 or sata 300 for serial ata 2. This is normal that it is showing up under IDE because of the combined PATA/SATA chip.

devicejl7.jpg

thanks for the pictures - so i guess i am not running in Sata mode - mines dosnt show the Nvidia controllers and in storage controllers - it only shows the microsoft one

so how do i get it to install the nvidia sata controllers ?

i have downloaded the latest from the nvidia site for vista 32 bit - i believed that has the Sata in there -

maybe i should try installing it again ?? if that dosnt work - what can i do ?

thanks

well i just reinstalled the vista 32 bit from nvidia - and still dont have Sata drivers in devices - ?

has anyone had this same problem and what was done to fix it if anything

thanks

A SATA drive is a SATA drive, no need to worry about IDE at all here guy. The only drivers you need for a SATA drive are when you build and run a RAID array. Newer motherboards are coming out with plug and play RAID. I believe with VISTA you don't even need the RAID drivers now.

ok so your saying - it dosnt matter if it dosnt show up in device manager ? in XP it shows the nvidia sata controller etc. and now with vista -- it dosnt show it - i installed the latest nvidia drivers for vista 32bit - i dont have a problem with my drives - i just though it would show in device manager - belieaving it should run better with sata drives installed -

thanks