Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Got stuck at the gate to Rostok…

After completed the tasks in Agroprom, I returned to Garbage. Killed a group of the bandits there and headed to the gate to Rostok. On approaching to the gate, I helped the Duty guards killing the mutants, responding to their request. However, the three Duty guards standing at the gate would not let me go through the gate… I even could not talk to them.

Should I kill the Duty guards there to get to Rostok or are there any ways to pass the gate?

Since I got stuck at the gate, I went to Dark Valley. After killed the bandits & rescued the poisoned Duty guard, I spent time wondering around the area… The area has the five – six spots to check out some good stuff; better weapons (I found “RPG-7u”!), artifacts, med kits (a lot of the bottles of Vodka, too), etc…

xr3da6as8.th.jpg

Among the things that I picked up there I like the two attachable scopes for rifles very much – with the scope attached it’s very easy to frag the enemies from a distance!

Running a 7600 GT card thats stock with 256MB.

have to run it on Average settings.

If I push the settings up to max on display then it becomes very choppy (reminds me of my early gaming cards :rolleyes:)

Will post settings later as I am off to work)

Doc

this game plays like crap on my 7800gt. Anyone with a relatively close card to mine please tell me how it runs!

my 7800gtx is pretty close in my laptop.

so far i got it playing on 1440x900 res full lighting and sliders on mem and its playing pretty good:)

did you download the patch?

also after patch turn up full lighting and shut everything else down than start the game than go back to the settings and turn the others on mem.

that seems to make both of my systems play it good:)

seems like there a bug in the settings and this fixed it for me.

NVIDIA ForceWare (v97.94) has been released.

Quote from the release note:

"…

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl: This application is not compatible with the Override any application setting or Enhance the application setting antialiasing modes from the NVIDIA Control Panel

Manage 3D Settings page.

Please use the in-game antialiasing options.

……["Open Issues in Version 97.94 - Not NVIDIA Issues": "NVIDIA ForceWare Graphics Drivers Release 95 Notes (v97.94)": pp. 10-11: [ONLINE]: 04/05/2007; : http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/97.94/97.94_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf]”

So what dose the new ForceWare do for this game? (, though I will download and install the driver tonight, anyway…)

Issues Resolved in Version 97.94

The following are changes made and issues resolved in driver version 97.92:

Single-GPU Issues Resolved

• The media player hangs when playing MPEG2 HD video clips using

overlay in 1080i and then switching to full-screen mode.

• Added application profile for "Titan Quest Demo.exe" to support the

current demo version.

• The system crashes after four or more suspend/resume cycles.

SLI Mode Issues Resolved

• Company of Heroes, SLI: Screen corruption occurs when "Enhance

the Application Setting" mode is set to 4x or 8x in the NVIDIA Control

Panel.

looks like no real improvement for any games (*cough*STALKER*cough*)

I only have one question, is this another NV CP that uses the new LAME butt CP?

(yeah it is....)

If so is there an option to change back to CLASSIC???

Blue

oh, and does it do anything?

You can switch back to classic mode. It's in the options somewhere...I forget where.

You can switch back to classic mode. It's in the options somewhere...I forget where.

Momoceio~

As far as I know, from the 97.92 drivers and up, that option was removed, if anyone can find it let me know, TIA.

If you guys want to read a ton of info about Stalker I can give you a link, but I don't want to step on any toes here;) It's another forum I belong to and we have a guy from Russia there, discussing STALKER. Hell he might work for GSC, for all I know. Then again you never really know, but he seems lagit to me.

Blue

I don't see anything that would cause me to change drivers, er, update them, don't mess with any of those games..overlay, who cares;)

Guest MadDias
Quick question what do I type in to display FPS in STALKER

Cheers

Doc

open the console and type:

rs_stats 1

this will open a list on the left of the screen with alot of info that only russian programmers know what they are for ;)

but the most important, the fps, is in the top left.

open the console and type:

rs_stats 1

this will open a list on the left of the screen with alot of info that only russian programmers know what they are for ;)

but the most important, the fps, is in the top left.

MiaDias thanks for that I will try it out and feed it back with all my settings

Doc