S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

uneedav8

so far i tried everything off and with full lighting and 1680x1050 res and it was pretty good:)

than i up the siders to half and view distence to full and its playing pretty good stays in the 20s:) pretty playable and looks very nice:)

i like the lighting when the thunderstorm comes in:) looks so real:)

but so far it seems like it was just a bug in it befor even on low with lighting i couldint get a good fps lol but turning on the lighting than uping the settings seems to fix it:)

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AG~

Cool when you get another one done post it, I like checking out those FRAPS vids, IMO, fraps is an excellent game vid capture program.

As for as Stalker goes my copy is on the way, should be here by Wed, I hope, so I'll be checking it out, you can count on that aye:p

I have a single core Sandy [email protected] (current oc) and my single 8800GTS, so I hope to be able to let you guys know how it does, I also am going to 2 GIGs of Ram this coming week same OCZ ram I have, I love this ram.

Anyhow good luck with your Fraps software. What do you run Stalker at, rez wise, when your just playing the game and not fiddling around with fraps? How smooth is it? Etc. I gather from one of your posts that it runs just ducky for you as of late:D

Blue;)

well my monitor is 1440x900 19" widescreen so I only get one resolution lol

I also have it installed on momma's rig:

X2 4800+ AM2

DFI Infinity Ultra-II M2

2GB OCZ DDR2-1000

X1900XT 512MB

SB Audigy2 ZS

80GB SATA II

Hiper 580w psu

19" CRT Mitsubishi that does up to 1600x1200

and my old rig, now modified for recording these game movies:

X2 3800+ @ 260x10 (2600Mhz)

2GB Corsair DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 (Dominator)

2x Leadtek 7950GT 256MB SLI

Lanparty NF590 SLI

3x WD Raptor 10,000RPM SATA 36GB drives RAID-0 (!!!!)

SB Audigy1

Lite-On SATA DVD-RW

OCZ 700w GameXtreme

crap butt takes-one-hour-to-warm-up-and-get-rid-of-the-lines 19" CRT 1600x1200

2GB of RAM is essential for any game now, even at 1440x900, but at 1440x900 and below, the cpu does probably half of the work, so a good cpu is essential, and your 2700Mhz single core is excellent for it. It is a weird game though in the sense of setting the graphics and the functions of the sliders (mostly AA which doesn't seem to work at all, and even forcing from teh control panels doesn't do anything)

I've also been working a little in Rainbow Six Vegas capturing a bit because that is a killer game (especially co-op multiplayer)

oops, stop babbling Angry

i got stalker about 2days ago but kinda have a problem i could run the game on 1680x1050 and everything up and get 50s and 80fps very smooth.

but i cant run full lighting even on 800x600res to get good fps i have to run static lighting.

full lighting is pretty much ony for the 8800 cards?

because i even tried it on my dell 9300 laptop with 7800gtx 1920x1200 screen i know its lower than the x1900gt but just wanted too see if it wasint just my x1900 card.

and it does the same thing it doesint like the lighting at all.

plays smooth with 1920x1200 everything on except lighting.

game still looks good with out the lighting but just whould like to know anything i can do to get decent fps with theses cards?

maybe some of you guys could post what in game settings you use

that's very odd that lighting is causing issues for you. No other game gives you hassles with HDR (full) lighting?

I always turn shadow slider all the way down, turn AA slider all the way down (doesn't do anything anyway that I can tell), and turn the rest all the way up.

This is on dual 7950GT's, dual X1900XT crossfire, and single X1900XT as well as my 8800.

However, I mentioned in a post earlier that the 8800 seemed to look incredible compared to all my other cards, which is weird since no other games look that much different between monitors/gfx cards.

not sure im useing fraps.

ya FRAPS is what I am using as well.

8800GTS 320MB @ 1440x900, shadows/AA slider off, all others maxed = inside about 100-150fps, outside 30-120fps (just depends where you looking lol)

dual 7950GT 256MB SLI @ 1024x768 w/same sliders above = never dips below 60fps that I have seen, but still never jumps above 150

@ 1280x1024, starts getting down into the 30's outside, down into the 40-60's inside

@ 1600x1200 lucky to stay steady 20fps outside, 35-ish on the inside lol

single X1900XT 512MB @ 1024x768 w/same sliders above = about same as the 7950GT SLI's.

@ 1280x1024 still about the same as the 7950 SLI, but outside takes a bigger hit...about 20-50fps

@ 1600x1200 now we are talking!!! 8-30 fps outside, with the average being about...9fps haha. Inside isn't any better.

Gonna hook up some dual X1900XT 512's in Crossfire and try again.

these rates will probably plummet when AA is actually enabled, or fixed, or working properly, or something better than it is now.

Plus a new Nvidia SLI driver update for WindowsXP for both 6/7 Series and 8 Series would be nice. There's an SLI profile in the last official Nvidia 6/7's (93.71?) for STALKER, but I don't think its as good as it could be for the game...and I think the game still needs another patch or two.

speaking of the patch, I'm getting weird stuff I never got before, like guys just appearing out of thin air (or disappearing)...mostly soldiers, but I've seen bandits, boars, others do it.

And the "balance" fixing the patch did I think killed our ability to generate money, as well as lowered the artifact finds. Before the patch, it was like pac-man picking up artifacts, but after, I finally finished the game and barely had any useful ones. Trading with the first guy is also much worse. He now carries a Viper-5, but no ammo for it, and nothing useful like before, as well as the prices skyrocketed.

The very first thing I do in a new game is do the mission killing the bandits at the warehouse nearby. Then I immediately go attack the military guys to the south to get AK-74's and lots of ammo. Then I head out into the world to play the game lol.

anyway, I feel like playing!

yep this is the ony game that im having trouble with lighting.

every other game oblivion and half life 2 and fear and quake4 doom 3 farcry or any others doesint have this problem.

my laptop does the same with the 7800gtx also my uncles 7800gs agp.

tho im going to try 1440x900 maybe 1680x1050 is realy pushing it lol

hmm seems like its pretty decent now runing at 1300 something res and geting 24 and up fps:)

also tried my laptop again with lighting and now thats playing good to lol

i guess theres was a bug in the video settings lol

but so far im likeing the game reminds me of oblvion alot but with guns:)

Travis I finaly got a chance to see the video- the compresson is very good. It looks better than most game sites vids.

The gamma looks high compaired to the normal in game look. This makes it look washed out and less realistic to me at least. I am not sure if it is equipment specific or what. Where you were actualy sooting people looked far better than anything.

Travis I finaly got a chance to see the video- the compresson is very good. It looks better than most game sites vids.

The gamma looks high compaired to the normal in game look. This makes it look washed out and less realistic to me at least. I am not sure if it is equipment specific or what. Where you were actualy sooting people looked far better than anything.

im perfecting it man, just wait

got 3x36gb raptor 10,000rpm drives in raid and 7959gt sli and dual-core capping vid for full review