Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

just copy the folders from all users/documents as that is where your saves are stored
Thanks.

STALKER has 7 different endings
..seven. I saw only two of them; one at the Sarcophagus and another through the secret lab.

Where can I get the remaining five endings?

..seven. I saw only two of them; one at the Sarcophagus and another through the secret lab.

I did a Google search and found this.

This is the equipment status before Pripyat at the second time completion of the game:

beforep02wv7.th.jpg

…no wonder I got the ending at the Sarcophagus…

I decided to spend money and complete other tasks to get another ending tonight…

Thanks.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122187

out of all the endings, i prefer #6.

1~5 are all bad ,unfortunately.

played just fine on my rig too. Some parts are a little bit laggy, but its all good :)

i played on high 1024x768-simple shadow ,i guess i disable the rest.

you all should get the Faiakes Mod v1.6.

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;7352614;/fileinfo.html

===============================

- Buy almost EVERYTHING from any trader.

- Have rifles fit the handgun slot!

- Have non-degrading Armour and Weapons.

- Have reliable (non-misfiring) weapons.

- Have side-quests without a time limit.

- Be able to carry more (300kg instead of 50kg).

- More gruesome blood effects.

- Add scopes, silencers and grenade launchers to more weapons.

- Better English text dialogues and descriptions.

- Better looking skins for weapons.

- Drive yourself around in vehicles

- Have text on the map to know where everything is.

- More info and accurate weapon stats.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Patch v. 1.0003 has been released.

Quote from the release note:

"If you have NOT patched to 1.0001 and are still on 1.0000, use the inclusive version below that corresponds to the game SKU that you bought:

USA : stk-US-0-3.exe

World Wide* : stk-WW-0-3.exe

Digital Download : stk-DD-0-3.exe

If you have patched to version 1.0001 already, use the incremental version below that corresponds to the game SKU that you bought:

USA : stk-US-1-3.exe

World Wide* : stk-WW-1-3.exe

Digital Download : stk-DD-1-3.exe

*World Wide refers to all countries besides the USA, Russia and CIS. Polish and Czech users need only to install the stk-WW-0-3.exe patch. "

"Saved games.

Saved games from 1.0001 version will work with 1.0003 version."

I verified that after I reinstalled the game on Vista.

...the thing is, the game shuts down in a few minutes for no apparent reasons (no info. logged in the log files & no errors logged in the Event Viewer).

Does someone have the same or similar problem?

..the thing is, the game shuts down in a few minutes for no apparent reasons (no info. logged in the log files & no errors logged in the Event Viewer).

No probs here after applying the patch. Not running Vista, though.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: ...the thing is, the game shuts down in a few minutes for no apparent reasons (no info. logged in the log files & no errors logged in the Event Viewer).

Rainwood~

Did you try upating vid drivers? Hmmm, also I would try a different save game, perhaps an AutoSave point, that may work. Also if you had sys restore on you could go back before you installed the patch, I use the .3 patch and really it's mostly for MP, from what I read, a couple of fixes for SP is all.

Also if you had mods installed they may create probs with patch 10003, I know, my game would lock up after I installed the patch eveytime I bought a certain modded gun from the bar keep. So now I just don't buy that gun and it runs fine, but I did not notice any FPS increase etc. Nor was I having any issues prior to installing the v.10003 patch.

Hope this helps some..

Blue;)

ok just downloaded the 158 nvidia drivers for XP (8800GTS 320MB) today but looks like they've been out almost 2 weeks lol...about how long since I've sat down and played anything.

Gonna give STALKER a replay from the beginning fresh I think

ok just downloaded the 158 nvidia drivers for XP (8800GTS 320MB) today but looks like they've been out almost 2 weeks lol...about how long since I've sat down and played anything.

Gonna give STALKER a replay from the beginning fresh I think

Ok, here's the scoop, this is my suggestion, and if you follow it you'll be loving life in the Zone:p

First, be sure you have done a Disk-Cleanup (check all boxs), then Defrag, then update vid drivers etc. (it appears your on top of that) then Install Stalker, do not even start a game. Patch game to US ONLY!! v10003, then install Faikes Mod 1.9 from here::

http://stalker.filefront.com/file/;78722

Then Download the PDF file "Stalker Tweak Guide" and read it, find it here::

http://www.tweakguides.com/STALKER_1.html

Follow the guys suggestions, get rid of the prefetch crap, and the opening vid, it's all in the guide. This guy makes the best Guides on the planet!! I have the hard copy of his "XP TWEAK GUIDE" bought and paid for. Wonderful info in there.

To install the mod, 1.9 just un-zip to the main Stalker folder, it will do the rest for you, but first make a back up of your gamedata file in case you screw it up. OK. It will ask if you want to over-write files, say YES!!

Now your ready to do some Serious Stalking, if you find the game to easy (LOL) you can change difficulty on the fly!!

RUN DISK-CLEANUP and DEFRAG AGAIN..

Go into MSCONFIG and uncheck everything you possibly can, (I have nothing checked in there myself except NV CP)

Enjoy:D

Blue

Btw~ I stepped up to the 8800GTS640, Yee Haa!!!:eek: EvGa Rules!!

Been messing around in the ZONE forever and loving every bit of it

it is awesome @1600X1200 Everything Maxed out!!! Beautiful!!

tbh, i found that MOD compilation ruined the game for me - made it waaay too easy, especially with some of the modded weapons (fast-shooting AK comes to mind - a quick lick with that modded gun kills ANYTHING with ease).

I picked out a couple of individual mods that i thought would make the game better, without making it a run&gun scenario; i chose the "endurancemod", which ups the carrying capacity to 150, & the "no_time_limit_on_quests" mod, which does as the name suggests.

Works well for me, your taste's may vary.... :)

tbh, i found that MOD compilation ruined the game for me - made it waaay too easy, especially with some of the modded weapons (fast-shooting AK comes to mind - a quick lick with that modded gun kills ANYTHING with ease).

I picked out a couple of individual mods that i thought would make the game better, without making it a run&gun scenario; i chose the "endurancemod", which ups the carrying capacity to 150, & the "no_time_limit_on_quests" mod, which does as the name suggests.

Works well for me, your taste's may vary.... :)

FMC~

Yep whatever floats your boat, pick out individual mods like you did, works fine as well. I personally like the 1.9 MOD, it ROCKS!!

Like I said, too easy? Set to Insanity setting!! Or whatever it's called, you won't be just blasting your way though nothing, or I would not think so, I play Stalker to have fun, explore, look at all the COOL stuff, not to be frustrated. I play on Medium difficulty and it seems about right with the 1.9 mod in place. JMHO is all, do whatever you guys see fit;)

The only real difference is the DeadEye Dick mod I have installed, BAM, your outta here:D Even with it you still have to aim correctly....and I blast the hell outta the dogs and stuff to kill them, maybe my mod is broken, LOL!! Or I don't use the right guns, I don't want to spend hours on end figuring out what gun uses what ammo etc etc etc.

Blue

nope I like STALKER just fine without any mods etc

I'm still on 10001 patch as I haven't played it for a good long time. Got the 158.22 drivers installed and I will probably give it a whirl before I decide to patch it.

I've tweaked STALKER out to my personal preferences long ago when I played it and beat it, and with my system, there's no chance of me turning any options down as it rooms glass-smooth even with the old NV driver.