Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Just finally got to installing this....it looks pretty good and the game play has been really smooth. Whats the deal with the saves? Does it save when you get past to the next checkpoint?

Once you install the v1.0001 USA Patch (do not install the World Wide Patch), then you will have, Auto Save, Quick Save (and load) which I recommend using a lot!! and you may also create manual save points and name them what you like, I do all of the above, I use QS/QL more than anything. Play the game on novice, don't carry a bunch of crap around with you, there's plenty of stuff to be had on all the dead guys you kill along the way, for example, don't carry ten pistols, you only need one maybe 2, 1 for backup, and once you get the magnum, can any other pistols, find the Russian Assault Rifle, keep it and use it, prolly one of the best guns in the game, here's a link to a great Stalker Guide, I recommend reading the first part at least, not the walkthrough. The first part explains the Stalker game world and just how things work. LINK:: http://guides.ign.com/guides/480467/

So before you get to far read the first area of this guide or you may just get frustrated, if not.

Blue:D

The game is different than anything out there, period. But can be a lot of fun...

F6 Quicksave :P

F7 Quick reload

Finished it last night. I have to admit I hate the end of good games :confused:

Not saying anymore

Doc

Stalker looks amazing with the lighting turned up all the way. But runs like POOP! :( I need to upgrade soon.

is there someway you could add bots to the game?

me and my dad plays but it gets boring runing around with just 2 lol.

be great if there a way to add bots:)

Finished the game in stalker difficulty (single player).

I guess, I finished the game with a good ending.

Stats.:

estvt5.th.jpg

…I was not able to figure out where to find the total play time.

Equipment:

eeqag2.th.jpg

I liked the Exoskeleton suit, though it was hard to find.

Tasks:

etkan4.th.jpg

There was a bug in completing the task to kill the group of Duty guard. Even though I killed all of them, no message to indicate the end of the task was presented…

I did not do other two tasks. I do not know completing them could have led me to the different ending.

This was a good game. I enjoyed very much.

One thing about this game that pissed me off was that the quick-save game was corrupted in Pripyat. I had to start the level from the auto-save point…

I think that enemies should also be affected by radiation in this game. It pisses me off so much when I stand there taking radiation damage and the enemy next to me is perfectly fine. WTF.

Completed the game in master difficulty.

I did not find it very difficult. To be honest, I did not see the clear difference in the difficulty levels.

Anyway, at this time I tried to complete as many tasks as I could.

Most of the tasks I failed were the camp elimination and defense - I did not get the clue to when these tasks get started. I was just notified that I failed these tasks when the “Camp Elimination/Defense” Task Failed” messages appeared.

I completed the “Meet the guide” series tasks, which I skipped at the first time, and I got the decoder to open the door to the secret lab in Chernobyl NPP. After I saw one (pathetic) ending at the Sarcophagus, I used the decoder to open the door to get another (good?) ending (I created the save points at each level change this time).

I, however, think if the decoder might not be a must-have to get another (good?) ending.

At the first time I completed the game, I was not able to figure out how to make a wish at the Sarcophagus. After I gave up making a wish, I was wandering on the floor where I found the Exoskeleton suit. Approached to the door on the floor, I saw an opining in the door. After hitting the door with the knife for a couple of times, the door was swung open. And that’s how I got another (good?) ending.

BTW, I am planning to install Vista 32-bit in this weekend.

Does someone know how to back up the saved games?; I found the saved games in the “C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocumentsSTALKER-SHOCsavedgames” directory. Copying the content of the directory to the same directory when I install the game in Vista, I can play the saved games again?