Sign in to follow this  
uneedav8

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

the gun not shooting exactly where you pointed, is that not realistic (for some of us) Is it sporadic or constantly off to the left or right a couple inches?

depends on the weapon

the first few hours of the game = weapons that suck (check the accuracy rating on the gun's stats from your inventory)

when you get the G36 or some of the later guns, accuracy goes WAY up and it only takes a bullet or two aimed right at the head to bring humans/zombies down (monsters though...can be severely tough because headshots don't always kill them...because some don't really have "heads" lol)

I am VERY thoroughly enjoying this game, however I've run into a constant crash situation now that I've shut off the Brain Boiler. (no spoilers for you, you'll have to find this mission on your own, and I won't even tell you when in the game it happens nor nothing about it!)

now it just crashses constantly anytime I try to play. Not a single glitch up until this point... =(

Looks like fileplanet just got a patch for Stalker up 15 minutes ago or so.

It fixes 68 problems but once you patch the saves will not work anymore.

so the gts is better and much less money and dx10 compatible?

For the money the 8800GTS is the way to go, IMHO, it is a DX10 GFX card, period, no there are NO drivers for DX10 yet, wait this will happen. The 8800GTS is my one and only card in my RIG and works wonderfully, but again that's my opinion is all, ATI's X1950XTX 512, is a great card as well maybe faster?, but will never run a DX10 game period, something to think about.

The GTS has 96 pipelines, with a 320Bit Interface vs a 256Bit and what 32-36 pipes? the GTS is shader model 4, not sure what the ATI is??:confused:

If you love ATI buy ATI, either cards are great cards, however the NV8800, has newer technology today, is all...and the ATI cards will never run DX10...(current ATI cards of course);)

Blue:D

let's put it this way...the 8800GTS 320MB runs the game MUCH better than dual X1900XT's in Crossfire cranked up to 700/800 each.

I've about had it with ATI's nonsense. SLI is the one true master for dual gpu's. Period. Maybe ATI will get their . together one day...I have a feeling the merger with AMD has put a lot of stuff on hold or back burner etc.

PS 320MB of ram on teh card is MORE than enough for 1600x1200 @ 8xAA (HL2 engine) and 4xAA on probably everything else (since every engine I've seen except Unreal3 is inferior to the Source engine when it comes to quality + performance)

yeah, Vmod 7900gt 710/1800 C2D @ 2.7ghz I cant play 1440x900 with any lighting effects, grass, quality on low aa 2x af 4x

Hopefully I will get my other 7900gt back from RMA for sli or maybe they will just send me an 8800gts 320mb as a replacement ;) fingers crossed

Looks like fileplanet just got a patch for Stalker up 15 minutes ago or so.

v1.0001 March 26, 2007 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patch Release Notes:

Please note that Saved games from previous versions will NOT work with the patch.

csgnl7.th.jpg

…not a big deal.

The thing is, “Come back for reward” message was displayed after killed four – five bandits in the sewer. I ignored the message and continued my hunting down there, then “Task failed: Mole died” message was presented... So I reload the game to the quick-save point where the “Come back for reward” message appeared, got out of sewer and tried to complete the next task: “Save Mole”. After I failed to save Mole for a couple of times, I was wondering if I should re-start the game from the beginning of the level…

Search all bodies as the always have goodies to pinch

I do every time I kill the bandits. However, I never get any money from them. Are the bandits all broke?

apart form that any one else with hints please post!!

Though this is incomplete, try this.

let's put it this way...the 8800GTS 320MB runs the game MUCH better than dual X1900XT's in Crossfire cranked up to 700/800 each.

I've about had it with ATI's nonsense. SLI is the one true master for dual gpu's. Period. Maybe ATI will get their . together one day...I have a feeling the merger with AMD has put a lot of stuff on hold or back burner etc.

PS 320MB of ram on teh card is MORE than enough for 1600x1200 @ 8xAA (HL2 engine) and 4xAA on probably everything else (since every engine I've seen except Unreal3 is inferior to the Source engine when it comes to quality + performance)

That is a switch I usualy hear people complaining about Nvidia drivers and the drivers are the main reason they pick ATI/AMD. That is not crossfire though. 8800 320MB is going to be the best bang for the buck until something ese comes out. That is always the way it is though. I am waiting for ATI's next release for now- assuming they dont take so long Nvidia doesnt comeout with a dual core card first- unlikly with the driver issues and SLI though. Stalker runs great with everything enabled on a single overclocked 1900XTX card. Now if I could just get time off to play it.

Sounds very tempting to get a pair of 8800 with the money I saved up. :)

nah, just a single 8800GTX 768MB and put the rest of your money towards the woman of your dreams (or charity of your choice lol)

That is a switch I usualy hear people complaining about Nvidia drivers and the drivers are the main reason they pick ATI/AMD. That is not crossfire though. 8800 320MB is going to be the best bang for the buck until something ese comes out. That is always the way it is though. I am waiting for ATI's next release for now- assuming they dont take so long Nvidia doesnt comeout with a dual core card first- unlikly with the driver issues and SLI though. Stalker runs great with everything enabled on a single overclocked 1900XTX card. Now if I could just get time off to play it.

The one thing I hate about Nvidia and the 8800 card is the control panel for it. Having to use a reg hack to get the classic cp back, and then use coolbits to get the clocks to open up...and then it is wonky after that (but doesn't crash or anything negative, just wonky when opening the cp...a lot of switching back and forth between new and classic cp to get the damn classic cp to open properly grrr) is a pain. I just want the old CP back. I'm not interested in downloading Ntune for overclocking + temp monitoring when the old classic cp does this already (plus I can't navigate for crap in the new cp)

STALKER ran better when I disabled Crossfire and just used a single card. Just like every other ******* game I've ever tried to play with this badass Crossfire setup. Since waaaay back in the RDX200 Crossfire 939 board and these cards and their half-assed ATI drivers.

Single card, no problem at all. The instant I enable Crossfire, everything goes to .. Then I find out last night that no matter what, you CANNOT use VIVO in your Crossfire setup. You either move the slave card (with the VIVO functions since master cards don't have the output port) to the master PCI-E slot, which of course means you cannot use Crossfire, or you lose all VIVO functions (video capture, ATI MMC) except output when you put them in proper PCI-E placement and have Crossfire disabled, and of course you lose output on everything except a single monitor with Crossfire enabled.

The only regret I have is that I don't have a newer Nvidia VIVO card.

But hey, with the space I saved by removing 2x $300+/ea paperweights, I gained a PCI slot for a TV Tuner/Capture card!

And of course dropped a single 8800GTS 320MB in...and couldn't be happier.

Plus, this is my first MAIN RIG that doesn't have a DFI motherboard in about 5 years. Gigabyte baby. And STALKER!

So I am restarting my entire game since the patch is out...and now that I know how to freakin play (like...now I know that the first guy who gives you missions in the little underground thing where you start...he can be traded with...I didn't realize this I guess until I got all the way to Garbage the first time hahaha), I am loving it even more. Especially since it doesn't drag and snag like it did running Crossfire (but single card, while good, just can't run the game like an 8800 can with all the goodies maxed).

btw, is it just me, or does AA not work at all? I've tried in the game, I've tried in the CP, I've tried a custom profile, I've tried with X1900XT, X1900XT Crossfire, 8800GTS 320MB...and AA doesn't work at all, I still get jaggies...but every other eye candy function works perfect...