1 GB RAM or better

256 MB DirectX® 9c compatible card/ nVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900/ ATI Radeon® X1850

Screen shots!! http://www.thq-games.com/au/game/screenshots/1330/1

Released on Tuesday.......looks like a really cool game with a nice story line

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is supposed to be a great game; feature interactive environments, animals, and humans. It has allegedly been in development for ~6 years so this should be a good purchase....

If you pick this title up please share your opinions in this thread, and hopefully i can cough up enough to buy this one..

this is supposed to be a great game; feature interactive environments, animals, and humans. It has allegedly been in development for ~6 years so this should be a good purchase....

If you pick this title up please share your opinions in this thread, and hopefully i can cough up enough to buy this one..

Yeah, I am really careful now with games purchases. Some of them get really expensive and it sucks if you buy it because you were fooled by the nice screen shots......and it ends up being a dud. I think this one should be good like you were saying.

always wait for the demo

Personally I Usually buy these titles right away, games that are new and are FPS'ers and rumored to be great. This one I may wait, for others reasons, ok, I'm not in the $$$ right now, LOL!! But will still try and pick it up very soon. It's not like buying VISTA PE for crying out loud, he he:D

I have some info I'll prolly move to this STALKER thread. The DEV team for this game is the same team, with new members and a few that are no longer with them, is called GSC-Game World. They did a game I have (and I have over 200 PC Games, yikes!!) called "Codename OutBreak", which was released in "2000-1". Codeman OutBreak used a modified Q2 engine, smiler to HL1's engine. OB never did well and has StarForce. So don't look for it, besides it's very hard to find. It was a great concept at the time, but nobody then was into a FPS mixed with an RPG game, now that seems very in the norm, ie; Oblivion and others. Though Stalker will have more of a FarCry feel to I think, but the inventory system will be there with quests (missions) completed and on your list etc. You'll have a PDA to give you all your info, that you carry around with you. The best part about OutBreak is it uses DX9.0c so it's not going to be hard to run, I hope, depends how they code it. The fact that they have been working on it for like 6 years, I'm hoping that it will be smooth as silk. OutBreak was buggy as hell, but did get patched up later, however never quite right, LOL. OB was rushed to sell fast. It was published by Virgin Interactive, which to my knowledge does not publish PC Games any longer. However THQ is the publisher now and they are one of the biggest publishing houses in the business!! They also have deep pockets.

So yeah, I'm way stoked for STALKER!!!

Blue;)

More later....

Guest synergy

Yea this game looks pretty amazing. I am excited to play it for the open explorable aspect. Supposedly there are multiple endings to the game depending on how you play it out. It's too bad that the release was pushed back so far (it was supposed to come out like 2 or 3 years ago I guess) Anyway...hopefully it lives up to its wide, hyped up reputation.

Really looking forward to STALKER, it is on Sale at FRY's for 33.99, lowest price I could find. BTW SmokenJoe and RubberDuck are helping me with my rig, not building it, but in other ways!!!:eek2: Tejas Slacker as well...

GREAT GUYS!!!;)

Blue

Here is a bunch of Info for STALKER

Websites, system specs, images tons of cool stuff!!!

http://www.stalker-game.com/en/

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...e=xr&lang =en

http://www.stalker-videogame.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.T.A.L...w_of_Chernobyl

System requirements::

Recommended::

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 1GB RAM, DirectX 9.0c compatible 256MB graphics card nVidia GeForce 7900 / ATI Radeon X1900, 4x DVD-ROM, 128kbps Internet connection for multiplayer.

Minimum::

Windows XP SP2 / 2000 SP4, Intel Pentium 4 2000 MHz / AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 512MB RAM, 10GB hard disk space, DirectX 8.1 compatible 128MB graphics card nVidia GeForce 3 / ATI Radeon 9200, DirectX 9 compatible soundcard, Input=Mouse, Keyboard (Thank God!!!)

What I think...

So a Midrange System should be ok, I would think, like maybe AMD 64 2GHz, I don't think there are any real gamers still running a 128meg vid card, LOL!!! A 256 will be fine, (oh wait a sec little Blue has a 4600Ti 128meg card, he he 'Lil Blue is just for OLD PC Games though) a GIG of ram for sure!!!

BTW, 'Lil Blue is my OLD School Gaming RIG, running Win9X

Nv 4600Ti 128 GFX, will replace w/FX5959GTOC BFG GFX card 256meg-

512 DDR RAM

100 GIG HDD

400watt Macron PSU

Monster 300MX Sound Card

Ash tray.....oh and a Trendnet KVM switch.

BIG BLUE

Is my main Gaming RIG (main rig)

I'm building now...I'll work on my sig when I

get all my hardware, so don't worry, I'll getir dun. LOL!!

One last thought, you can buy the DVD version of ut2k4 at EBGames for 10 bucks

here's the link:: http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646780

Buy it install the Mega Pack for Free and your up to date!!!

Ok while I'm at it get STALKER with QUAKE4 for 39.90 at GoGamer, link:: http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=10487548 or just buy Stalker by itself for 34.90.

One final, final thing, I buy all my Hardware @NewEgg....tried to insert a image link to the site with my sig, no luck, if you want to add it, go ahead. I'd do this to help support this FORUM....

Guest MadDias

the multiplayer demo of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is out now...

get the stk-mp-setup.exe(448mb) from somewhere here

direct link to the file on a fast ftp-server

unfortunately it´s only a network multiplayer demo, but i think there are a few hamachi vpn´s out there hosting games.

it´s a nice looking game... check it out

Really looking forward to STALKER, it is on Sale at FRY's for 33.99, lowest price I could find. BTW SmokenJoe and RubberDuck are helping me with my rig, not building it, but in other ways!!!:eek2: Tejas Slacker as well...

Thanks for reminding me about Frys......I almost forgot. They usually have good prices on new releases.:)

the multiplayer demo of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is out now...

get the stk-mp-setup.exe(448mb) from somewhere here

direct link to the file on a fast ftp-server

unfortunately it´s only a network multiplayer demo, but i think there are a few hamachi vpn´s out there hosting games.

it´s a nice looking game... check it out

Thanks for the link.:)