Installed my Ultra 120 and HR-05 SLI tonight...

After only a few minutes of being booted up with a crappy fan on my Ultra 120 I'm idling at 27-28c and the current room temp is 81f. :eek: Not bad.

The HR-05 SLI is at 45c right now but I have a video card and a sound card kind of blocking it in. I messed around with a 92mm Vantec on it and was able to get it to 33c very easily. I just need to find a quieter solution.

Also, my intake and exhaust fans are super quiet Nexus 120mm that don't push THAT much air.

I really can't wait to turn up the A/C, get a better fan, and let the AS5 cure. This thing will be AWESOME. :tooth:

o yea i LOVE my hr-05, and my hr-03 to boot.

I never realized how LOUD the stock chipset hsf and the Evercool VC-RE were until now. Wow. Great purchase I must say.

I also noticed that keeping your fan away a certain distance from the heatsink on the Ultra 120 keeps the noise even lower. :cool:

I just upgraded my case to a Thermaltake Armor, threw in a hr-05sli with a dab of AS5, ziptied the old fan from my original amd 3000+ heatsink on it, and my chipset is sitting at 30.5 idle over 8 hours, barely breaking 42deg on full load. Thats a 6-8deg drop over the evercool! This case also dropped all my temps {idle and load} by couple degrees across the board - cpu, gfx card, pwm, hard drives.

I just upgraded my case to a Thermaltake Armor, threw in a hr-05sli with a dab of AS5, ziptied the old fan from my original amd 3000+ heatsink on it, and my chipset is sitting at 30.5 idle over 8 hours, barely breaking 42deg on full load. Thats a 6-8deg drop over the evercool! This case also dropped all my temps {idle and load} by couple degrees across the board - cpu, gfx card, pwm, hard drives.

Very nice!

I ordered a Evercool "thin" 80mm fan last night so I'm anxious to see how well it does.

Also ordered a Panaflo M1 for my CPU/HSF.

Such bad habits.:drool:

Thanks! The small fans attach really well to the fins, and with that much of a temp drop - cant complain at all.

Next step is getting my Opty 165 installed and prepping windows for it. Then its on to o/c'ing that, and when i get bored next time, moving on to watercooling now that there is enough space in my case.

waiting my 2 armor too

cant wait to throw both system in the sig into those beats. next year im going water in my armor ...

can you post pics of you wire management and stuff in your armor i would like to see some to give me ideas

Thanks! The small fans attach really well to the fins, and with that much of a temp drop - cant complain at all.

Next step is getting my Opty 165 installed and prepping windows for it. Then its on to o/c'ing that, and when i get bored next time, moving on to watercooling now that there is enough space in my case.

With the temps I'm seeing with this setup and the quietness I don't think I'll be going watercooled anytime soon.

waiting my 2 armor too

cant wait to throw both system in the sig into those beats. next year im going water in my armor ...

can you post pics of you wire management and stuff in your armor i would like to see some to give me ideas

I have a Shark but I'll post some pics here in a little while.

More Pic goodness!!

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Cables are pretty messy ebdoradz, something i gotta work on. This was just to throw it together and make sure everything worked. Its like Christmas getting a new case - I felt so impatient lol...

Fans in the front pull air in across the hd's, fan on the hr-05 push it up and partially into the gfx card, up (kinda) across the pwm, and 3 exhaust fans push it out the back or it radiates out the top of the armor case.

2 hd's & 2 dvd drives currently. I'm going to get more drives (2x160) and put it them in raid, in the hd cage above the m.board. Can't decide on raid 1 or 0, probably going to go with access speed tho, since its pretty unlikely that they'll fail anytime soon - being new drives.