Sign in to follow this  
johnwaller

bios/flash problem, please help if you can

I used TMODS CD v9.5 for flashing bios (2005/06/23 File N4D623-3) {aka using: Tmod's NF4 BIOS Factory}, and everything went well. Bios seemed to flash well, I extracted CD and pressed "F1" as instructed when completing the flashing. THEN while system was booting up, I went ahead and pressed Del to get in Bios.

DFI official website states that after flashing bios one has to do step #6:

6. Run "Load Optimized Defaults" or "Load Setup Defaults" in BIOS after completing the BIOS flashing.

That's where problem started I went ahead and pressed ENTER for "Load Optimized Defaults". Nothing happened that I could see. (this is my first time flashing bios) So, I ended up pressing ENTER one more time over "Load Optimized Defaults". Then I pressed F10 (SAVE and EXIT bios).

After flashing bios using TMODS CD v9.5 everything seemed great and was loading well. After doing step #6 {running "Load Optimized Defaults" in bios} as said

on DFI website I am stuck on following screen:

This is what I get (I am using laptop, so that desktop screen is still there). I don't know what to do now. Please, please help.

http://personal.stthomas.edu/keschultz1/flash.html

boot_after_flash.jpg

help

Clear CMOS and try to boot up again then set to defaults. If you have a raid array then you will have to set the raid up again. Or set up the harddrive with your OS on it to boot up first or disable all other boot device except your HD with your OS on it.

I didn't see you mention doing a cmos clear after the flash. Give it at least a 10 minute clear and if you are running a sata hard drive make sure it is enabled in genie bios. The error about non-system disk is normally from the hard drive not configured in the bios right.

Guest Tmod
I used TMODS CD v9.5 for flashing bios (2005/06/23 File N4D623-3) {aka using: Tmod's NF4 BIOS Factory}, and everything went well. Bios seemed to flash well, I extracted CD and pressed "F1" as instructed when completing the flashing. THEN while system was booting up, I went ahead and pressed Del to get in Bios.

DFI official website states that after flashing bios one has to do step #6:

6. Run "Load Optimized Defaults" or "Load Setup Defaults" in BIOS after completing the BIOS flashing.

That's where problem started I went ahead and pressed ENTER for "Load Optimized Defaults". Nothing happened that I could see. (this is my first time flashing bios) So, I ended up pressing ENTER one more time over "Load Optimized Defaults". Then I pressed F10 (SAVE and EXIT bios).

After flashing bios using TMODS CD v9.5 everything seemed great and was loading well. After doing step #6 {running "Load Optimized Defaults" in bios} as said

on DFI website I am stuck on following screen:

This is what I get (I am using laptop, so that desktop screen is still there). I don't know what to do now. Please, please help.

http://personal.stthomas.edu/keschultz1/flash.html

boot_after_flash.jpg

help

If you are running a Raid array you may have to enable the controller in the bios as sometimes it is not enabled by default.

Tmod